PA Alpha Build 51853
- NUKES! And anti-nukes are in the game. This brings much more interesting decision making and higher stakes mid to late game. A single nuke will not take out a commander. Multiple nukes will. The balance on these are first pass, so expect a bit of change on them especialliy in the coming weeks. Currently they are advanced fabber builder and commander builder. The commander building them is a mistake. Enjoy it while you can. :)
- Huge number of fixes large and small, including a few perf improvements on the client, such as LOD on particle emmiters. Should help during heavy combat.
- Mouse behavior should be much more consistent and reliable in game overall. Toggle selection (ctrl) now supported, Un-select (ctrl+shift) now supported, toggling in general now suppoted. ESC clears selection.
- Pathing: Flocking behaviors have been implemented. When moving large groups of ground units, you should see them attempt to form better informal squads of troops, rather than long strings of units that tend to get picked off.
- AI now respects metal spots when building
- Number of new selection keybinds for units, factories, idle builders, etc.
- Air no longer creates wreckage
- Artillery units (mobile) should be a little more selective about targeting
- Tanks should return their turrets to default position after a bit
- Air units flight path involves much less circling now.
- T2 costs more to get to now. Should slow down the intial tech rush a bit.
- Walls have a physics block now, so they should act a little more to prevent pathing.
Known Issues (big ones):
- Random Tropical planets can end up being a bit rocky.
- Planets that are mostly water can be challenging to play on currently