We've talked about it, and now it's here. Our first big pass on combat balance. Always keep in mind, things like this are a work in progress, but this has a significant change to how the game plays, and we think it's a lot more fun. (Try out the Boom bots. They're the bomb)
There are a ton of changes in this build, including Mac full screen for those who've been asking! Hop in, check it out, and have fun. There have also been some fundamental changes to how we send and receive network data that should help everyone, but especially people on slower connections.
We'll see you in game!
Build 67457 resolves a number of game and crash issues.
Build 67523 addresses a crash on lobby creation and two different Mac OS/X crashing issues.
Detailed Balance Notes:
- All non-combat structures health increased by 3x.
- General combat balance pass over ALL combat units and structures.
- T1 AA Bot: Removed.
- New T2 Tactical Missile Bot added.
- T2 Sniper Bots: Can now shoot down tactical missiles.
- T1 Assault Bots: Turned into light raiders. Fast, cheap, weak.
- T2 Assault Bot:s Can now go under water, added torpedo.
- T1 Bomb Bots: speed greatly increased.
- T2 Tank: Has a very slow turret turn rate but improved overall.
- T1 Fighter: Improved.
- T2 Fighter: Removed.
- T1 Bomber: Drops 5 bombs in carpet bomb style.
- T2 Bomber: Fires from outside of range of AA towers and fires a tactical missile.
- T1 Frigate: Torpedo removed.
- T1 Destroyer: Torpedo added.
- Pass on Artillery structures and their firing arcs.
- Tactical Missile Launcher Structure: Energy removed, range reduced, made into much more of a base defense.
- Bases defenses improved overall.
- Ion Cannon: (Umbrella): Energy usage removed, range and damage increased.