Hey guys and gods,
Jack here again. Thanks to all of you who have picked the game back up and to those of you playing GODUS for the first time. It’s been a fascinating couple of days watching playthroughs, reading thousands of bits of feedback, and catching the bugs you’ve thrown at us. We’ve been making some changes live to the build as announced over Peter’s Twitter and we’ve also prepared a small update that improves on the game in various ways. These are mostly bug fixes and balance changes based on the top issues we’ve received from you. Again this is all thanks to you guys that we’ve been able to discover these bugs and we’re happy to act on strengthening the build. Keep your feedback and issues coming so we can keep refining the experience.
Peace and love,
Beta v2.0.1 Updates
- Crash fix when first placing a Settlement.
- “Checkerboard” graphical glitch now has a workaround. Turn “Disable Buffers” ON in the Options menu if you experience this glitch.
- Placing a statue, including Settlements, no longer requires you to hold the card, only click!
- Fix for Followers not working after returning from Events.
- New and improved balance in belief generation and cost.
Beta v2.0.1 Known Issues
- Occasional crash in the Sculpting Tutorial for Mac users
- Sculpting Tutorial is sometimes missing land. Restarting the game will fix this issue.
- First time loading the game offline will crash. You can still play offline if you first launch while online.
- The Steam overlay does not appear when GODUS is in full screen
- The GODUS icon is pixelated on Windows
- Some images are currently placeholder in info screens
- Breeders in Abode info screens are blue instead of pink
- When greyed out, the OK button on the Voyage of Discovery bidding screen will move the slider
- Friendship card info is blank
- The award for the Voyage of Discovery has a placeholder image
- The belief bar will still be visible in a Voyage of Discovery map even when no Belief is needed
- Sometimes there will be graphical glitches after placing roads in a Settlement
- Some God Powers are missing information
- Belief counter in Settlements info screen is incorrect
- Various text alignment issues
- The reward alert for Arctic Expedition incorrectly reads “NONE”
- Story mode and Versus mode are disabled