I hope you enjoy bad puns, because things are really heating up with today's new build! Head over to the armory, unlock the Flame Thrower with your XP, and try burning some stuff! The full notes below:
- Added a new building to unlock in the armory: The Flame Thrower. This is a front line building which shoots out a blast of fire for a few seconds. This fire does area of effect damage in the shape of a cone. The Flame Thrower is short range, so you’ll have to get pretty close to your targets, but it does have more health than most buildings. Right now, the fire ignores terrain which should be an interesting mechanic to test out. The Flame Thrower should work best against closely packed enemy buildings or demolisher rushes. Try it out, let us know what you think!
- Added campaign analytics. We now keep track of if you won/lost/quit-in-the-middle of a campaign mission, how long it took you, and what buildings and pilot you used. We should be able to figure out if missions are too easy or too hard, and be able to determine difficulty on a per-building set basis.
- Added some new music for the campaign’s final boss level. Now the music is as intense as the battle!
- Hooked up new music for the army select screen. It gets more exciting as you choose more buildings!
- Minionette and the Taskmaster’s abilities are now considered ‘active abilities’ and are now activated by pressing a button (z on the keyboard, X on a controller). Now you can just press a button to activate them. This concept of active vs. passive abilities will allow for some interesting new pilots in the future.
- Fixed bug where Minionette could sometimes freeze more than 2 buildings.
- Fixed bug where AI could use frozen buildings
- Adjusted difficulty and medal times on some of the early Nightmare Mode campaign missions.
- Repair Center now has a maximum range at which it can repair. This range increases on upgrading. This is essentially a nerf to the level 1 repair center, so that they can’t so easily be used to heal warheads or other buildings all the way across the map.
- Moved Minionette to the Armory