Thank you all for the wonderful feedback. We're working as quickly as possible to verify each problem, find a fix and get it in.
Yesterday, we made a small patch to the Steam Linux Installer: The issue was with the line endings in the script that runs the game. Our version control system had converted the line endings from LF (as required for Linux) to CRLF (as used on Windows) so the script did not execute correctly. Steam will automatically download this update and the game will run.
Any additional problems with Linux, please report to http://support.spicyhorse.com
so that our Linux engineer sees them directly.
Later this week or early next week (we have a lot of UI work to do!) we'll be implementing a patch that includes the following new features and bug fixes:
- Chat will be re-opened and functional
- Kickstarter exclusive backer items will be made available
- A significant reduction in the price of cooldowns
- Crafting, Phase 1 - Phase 1 allows you to alter the attributes of your items. Phase 2, due in 3-5 weeks will allow you to level up your items.
- More characters slots - until they are open, you will lose your Starter Pack items if you delete your character.
- A fix for the stutter and framerate lag seen by Steam users.
- Unbreakable gates will now be breakable.
A few additional notes:
- Shinigami Scrolls are missing - they are not missing, it is a UI error. A fix will be coming in the future.
- Sound and graphic settings not persisting - a fix will be coming in the future.
- Some enemies leave the map before you can kill them - yes, but they are never the enemies you need to finish a quest.
Thank you again for all of your help and feedback. We will continue to work diligently to fix problems as quickly as possible while adding new content to be tested.