We just released an update for Divinity:Original Sin on Steam Early Access that solves the hottest issues that were flagged.
Here is the changelist:
- Fixed item disappearing when loading a savegame
- Messagebox will prompt when saving has failed (this will help us track if there are any more savegame issues)
- Changed armor calculations so damage is absorbed correctly (it wa wrong which is why melee and ranger characters were so weak)
- Added more feedback when hitting
- Re-enabled Critical hits
- Companions are correctly assigned to players (There still is one issue when you load a game in multiplayer. If it pops up, just fire your companions and hire them again)
- Fixed several crashes concerning item combinations
- Added more skill tooltips
- Added more feedback during network connections to help us track problems
- Added a network log file
We're working on a bigger update but might still release an intermediate hotfix in the coming days if we find a solution for the 32 bit OS problem or why savegames don't write away all files on certain systems.
Thank you for all your feedback and thank you for supporting us in such large numbers!