Arguably the biggest patch since Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes’ release more than a year ago, version 1.7 improves CPU-controlled factions’ strategic acumen as well as introducing class-specific items for all five unique hero types, like Commander-only banners that boost the entire army’s capabilities.
Download the patch free simply by signing into your Steam client.
Among other things, patch 1.7 includes:
- Class-specific items - Commanders lead better than ever with unique banners, mages command the elements with new staves, and more
- Significant AI improvements - AI rivals now develop their empires more effectively, for example through upgrading their outposts
- Balancing across the board - Unrest modifiers have been tweaked to make sprawling empires less overwhelmingly powerful, and many unit and item stats have changed
- Revamped army-strength logic - The method used for calculating army strength has been completely reworked, making evaluating threats easier for human and AI players alike
- Much more – see full patch notes here: http://forums.elementalgame.com/456046/