Hey hey hey! We’re back at it again with the updates and this one will seriously improve the fluidity of the Bricktrons.
We’ll jump right into the big change; we’ve adjusted the Bricktrons’ pathfinding AI to allow them to calculate paths through each other! No more traffic jams, bumping and switching resources, which tended to slow things down.
Besides the obvious increase in speed and fluidity when they’re building, this change will affect other things; Bricktrons will now actively try to path through each other when there is no other path, or if the detour is slower. Also, they won’t switch their load anymore when bumping into another Bricktron. They’ll just keep walking towards their goal without pausing.
Any unit can pass through any unit now, making it much easier to manage your archers on one-brick-thick walls. Haha, one-brick-thick, sounds like a rap album. ˢᵒʳʳʸ⋅
You may be worried that stacking units will allow players to stack a quadrillion Knights on the same voxel and make Stacks of Doom à la CIV 4? No worries – Bricktrons will smoothly swoop outside of each other if they’re stacked on the same voxel. They may communicate in oofs and aahs, but Bricktrons have a pretty solid notion of personal space. Oh and combat units can’t stack while fighting and your Bricktrons can’t pass through enemies. B A L A N C E.
But wait, there’s more! Download now and enjoy these extra great updates, for the low low cost of whatever you’ve already paid for the game:
- Bricktrons will now better spread out in harvest tasks, meaning they won’t bundle up on the same tree or the same boulder and work more efficiently.
- Tree stumps now require less hammerin’ to get rid of.
- Sentinel wards now occupy the voxel above them, stopping players from covering it by accident and making the Sentinel’s projectiles collide with it and never actually fire at enemies, then we get 43 support tickets asking us why their sentinels won’t shoot anymore.
- Bricktrons can now reach and build wards that are on a third voxel of height, without stairs or whatnot, just like they can with Bricks since update 1.1.1
- We did some work on the tooltips panels to make them cheaper performance-wise.
- Fixed an issue that was making Bricktrons think twice as long as they normally should to find a blueprint to use their resource on.
- Fixed an issue where, if you dug or placed something under the Idle group marker, it would freeze Bricktrons until you manually moved them.
We hope you’ll enjoy this update as much as we do and as always, thank you for your suggestions, bug reports and feedback! Keep ‘em coming.