First of all thank you very much for the feedback you gave us on the update 0.5. Your suggestions and reports are greatly appreciated by all the members of the team in addition to allowing us to continue to improve Castle Story. The next months promises to be particularly exciting for us as we approach the release date and we hope that it's an enthusiasm that you also share. Your support ensures that we can continue our work on the game and for this we are extremely grateful.
Thanks to your reports we have been able to identify some bugs for which we now offer fixes in patch 0.5.1.
We introduced the multiplayer mode back into Castle Story with version 0.5. Unfortunately, some of you had difficulties login in or were simply unable play with your friends. Other issues could also be encountered. Since we released the last update, we've been hard at work on fixing the multiplayers issues. We are now introducing a bunch of fixes which ensure that most of these problems are now resolved. It's a new mode so if you're having problems, don't hesitate to let us know on our forums
- In the quarry task you can now choose on which side the stairs will appear with the handle system.
- 3 difficulty levels of are now available in survival mode (easy, normal and hard).
- Sandbox survival is now enable in the settings submenu (normal difficulty level).
- Improved wood texture quality.
- Tweaked the timer of the merge back to 2 minutes instead of 30 second.
- Fixed an issue with the Bricktron that they were passing through the terrain if you place a brick on their head.
- Fixed an issue where the toggle for the options of the stockpiles was toggling on the release of the Right-Click even if you did Left-click on it to activate/deactivate it.
- Fixed an issue with the Bricktron passing through the terrain if they were going down one voxel and that voxel get destroyed right before they start the animation of going down.
- Fixed an issue where it was impossible to destroy Catapult/Stockpile/Barrel/Lantern with the Anti-Blueprint.
- Fixed an issue where the Bricktron was passing through the terrain when they were doing the get-up animation(At certain time).
- Fixed the invisible resources on stockpiles.
- Fixed a visual bug when Bricktrons were switching planks and logs.
- Fixed an issue where the Corruptron was not throwing any rocks.
- Fixed the scrollbar in the resolution menu while being in-game.
- Fixed the indestructible bricks issue around your crystal.
- Fixed multiples issues with Linux.
- If you're saving your game while a Bricktron is flailing, it will break that save.
- There are visual problems in the terrain for Mac, Linux and Windows10, but they can be fixed in the main menu options by setting Terrain Acceleration to never.
- In Linux, if all your Bricktrons are named Bricktron (Clone), reinstall the game. This is an issue with Steam’s content servers.
- In multiplayer, Quarries and Tunnels tend to cause de-syncs. Survival Mines however are stable.
- There are lag spikes every so often.
- A huge landscape project will cause lag.
- It is currently not possible to split a construction task.
- Due the the big amount of changes since 0.4.0, the save upgrader doesn’t always properly convert old saves.
- Team Sauropod