The June Update is here! And this time it matters! For we bring you goodies and fixes! Goodies as in a few new levels, and lots of fixes to your old favorite levels!
Introducing: Faster! Faster!
A high speed survival map that quickly turns into a heap of projectiles, where speed is your only hope of survival.
A wave like map where you have to carefully manage your resources, because you don't get any more.
The Warped Duo of Destruction
, also known as The Plasmathrower and Minelayer, now available for modders and mappers to use in their maps and mods without having to rely on Warped. The Minelayer can lay 10 mines at a time, which is pretty awesome! And they are avilable in all Warped maps and the before-mentioned new survival maps.
We also added some other versus maps, such as Hoodlum's Backyard
and Medieval Trouble
And for those more interested in modding the game should look at the modding part of the complete changelog below, as we've included a few new features for you to use as well. We have Player Barriers, dev textures, ways to fake smart enemies as if they're not complete morons, and even the ability to make textures from PNG files.
Now we must go and celebrate this update, and start the update cycle all over again!
Version AP_2305 is now live with the following full changelog:
Brand new stuff!
- Added two new weapons from the original Warped mod: the Plasmathrower and the Minelayer! Improved significantly from the originals, of course!
- Added 4 new levels!
- Added two new achievements for killing monsters and players with mines
- Added detailed leaderboard information when you hover over them
- Added a new Statistics menu to the Extras menu
- Added level statistics! For each level, this will show your best score for campaign levels, your best time for survival levels and the total amount of kills and playtime gathered on versus levels.
- Added a first in some new mutators which is the enemy spawner multiplier mutator for multiplayer
- Steam Cloud now syncs player controls and profiles
- Immediately see how well you're doing in the leaderboards when you die in survival
New modding stuff!
- Added a new Survival map: Lynx Town
- Added a new Survival map: Faster! Faster!
- Added a new Deathmath map: Hoodlum's Backyard
- Added a new Capture the Flag map: Medieval Trouble
- Added a completely new and improved version of Brkeen Chevap
- Massively improved a lot of versus levels: Hole, Red Station, Fortress, We Got Skulls 'n' Bones Too, The Lost Tomb, Little Trouble, Yodeller, Lefty, Compound and Docking Bay
Fixes and changes!
- Added barriers, you can make them by making a new world base and toggling "Barrier", this will make it act like any ordinary brush except that it has collisions and is invisible while remaining to be visible in the editor - as an addition to this, you can also toggle "Only collides with player" which will make the barrier only block the player, where as projectiles and enemies can still pass through
- Added a bunch of handy developer textures
- Added support for creating textures from PNG files (in addition to TGA and PCX)
- Added an "Ammo amount" option to weapon items, this allows you to specify how much ammo you get when you pick it up (-1 will use the default)
- Added an "Infinite" flag to enemy spawners, this is useful for survival levels
- Added the option "Allow give up get closer" to enemy markers, this is to indicate whether they may be used in conjunction with "Give up to closest marker"
- Added "Custom model" and "Custom texture" to enemies which can be used to set the enemy model and/or texture to a completely different one just for that level
- Hud themes can now change element anchor positions (ask on Steam discussion forums for details)
- Added hud_iThemeAmmoBarColumns which can be used to make the ammo bar have multiple rows
- Added hud_iThemeWeaponsRows which can be used to make the weapons bar have multiple rows
- Added con_fTransparency which is helpful when making Hud themes
- Improved Rev Packer tool
- Improved Rev Flags tool
- Improved Texture Info tool
- Fixed a whole bunch of "Too many bad syncs" problems by use of better equipped correction packets
- Fixed leaderboards not saving correctly on single player when replaying a level
- Fixed "CRC error in DIFF" triggering on servers that had ser_bPure set to false
- Fixed some rare connection problems people were having when trying to connect to servers or lobbies (hopefully)
- Fixed some multithreading problems that caused random stuttering and rare crashes
- Fixed Highlanders acting like Second Encounter highlanders on First Encounter levels
- Fixed editor sometimes rotating an entity on banking while just trying to move it in perspective space
- Fixed texture bug on The Pit
- Fixed camera breaking not stopping intro music on Hatshepsut
- Fixed a bunch of random crashes
- Fixed Ugh-Zan not giving a million points when killed
- Fixed some general problems in menus (both in normal usage and Xbox controller usage)
- Fixed an exploit in Mental's needle
- Fixed a problem where the player would get stuck in mid-air instead of falling down in Valley of the Kings
- Fixed problems with achievements for finishing The Second Encounter (hopefully)
- Fixed WorldInfo and SummonerMarker entities not being in the entity tree
- Fixed wrong font on titles in Netricsa
- Fixed Serious Jump still being active after you die and respawn
- Fixed the Help button in Serious Editor and Serious Modeler not working
- Fixed Newton's Nightmare unlocking on invalid occasions
- Fixed errors showing up in console for some hud theme color variables
- Fixed muzzle flash for secondary pistol not working correctly
- Fixed rain on Hatshepsut not showing
- Fixed game sounds playing in menu and lensflares rendering in menu
- Fixed Newton's Nightmare value never increasing while playing in Space Ball
- Fixed an untextured wall on Hatshepsut
- Fixed an oversized statue in Elephant Atrium
- Fixed a problem with the achievement for discovering Moon Mountains secret level
- Fixed editor being able to still try to select Direct3D graphics API, even though it would fail
- Fixed flames lagging behind in multiplayer
- Fixed a crash in the editor when trying to send chat messages
- Fixed larva offsprings not being able to die
- Added the latest game news and player count in main menu
- Added missing "X frags left" Hud element
- Added screen effects like screen shaking to First Encounter levels (such as when a highlander dies)
- Added filters to leaderboards to see only your friends for example
- Added a master volume toggle to sound options
- And a lot more, but it doesn't fit completely in this announcement, so check the full changelog here!