This is a large patch and a lot went into it, I hope you all enjoy it, if you have any problems, please let us know!
D14.0 Live Patch
* New Galaxy Required.
* No changes have been made that will require making new ships at this point.
* Existing Weapons will need their Weapon Group Classifications adjusted in the Weapon Manager.
- Implementation of a mesh merge system. Ships will now be merged into a single mesh thus improving the performs when multiple ships are in sector at once.
- Added a reset button to the Weapon Manager so that it will reset all weapons back to their default weapon classifications.
- Galaxy Map Button to the shipyard. The galaxy map is now accessible in the station scene through the Map keybinding.
- Added a UI Button/Indicator for when Newtonian flight is toggled.
- Planets now have a radar icon and can be warped to.
- Added in Salvaging Mechanic, will still be tweaked in upcoming patches. When a ship is destroyed a wreckage will have the potential to spawn. On the wreckage will be radar icons that will have the potential to yield salvaged items from the ship. These items will be made up of the ships modules, subsystem, and eventually cargo.
- Added Salvaging Lasers, these function the same as mining lasers.
- Added new wreckage models.
- Added filters to the economy graphs. User can now choose to disable data series by clicking on the corresponding icon in the list on the right. The graph will only allow up to 6 series to be displayed at a time as it starts to get unreadable after that. When switching between data sets (as between commodity prices and commodity supply) the graph will carry over the selected series to display.
- Graphical display for turret’s vertical and horizontal arcs. This will be displayed when placing/modifying a turret. There is also a button in the Weapon Manager window that will toggle the state of the arcs in the shipyard.
- Added a space dust effect to give feeling of movement, this is a first pass and not final.
- Mission framework is now included. This is a first pass and is not final. After we have it working we will be adding the mission editor as well. There are three missions right now, Distress, Sector Skirmish, and Single Target Bounty. There may be an issue with spawn ranges we are working on this.
- Combat System Controls Overhauled - You no longer have to lock onto enemy targets to have weapons fire. Inside the weapon manager you now have classifications of ships that a turret will fire on. Weapons have two modes as well Offense and Defense, offense mode weapons will attack red targets once they are within range. Defense weapons will not attack a target unless they have attacked you. When the weapon has a target within range and within its arc they will lock onto the hostile and begin to fire. If the target leaves the arc or range then the turret will attempt to find another suitable target. If you have a currently focused/selected target that will be the preferred target for all weapons within it’s arc. If there is no suitable class targets it will attempt to step down to the next class till it either finds a target or goes back to idle. Large turrets that have a harder time tracking smaller faster moving targets will have a harder time locking on to a target. You must still lock, by pressing [ C ], onto Asteroids and Wreckage in order for the mining/salvaging lasers to work.
- Upgraded Sound Manager Middleware to deal with sound issues.
- Shipyard Cam will now center on ship based on bounds instead of mass.
- Player credits in the Shipyard will now be show in red if you go negative in debt due to repairs. Once items are sold off to cover said debt the credits will be displayed in their default color.
- Adjusted store inventory quantities.
- Fixed categories on resources and trade goods
- Adjusted Engine, Booster, and Maneuvering Thruster values to account for shorter distances between sector objects.
- Decreased base sensor range
- Increased power requirements of all weapons by 50%
- Reduced the scale of all planets to be within a realistic range, terrestrial planets are now on a similar scale to earth when compared to the height of a person (size 1 c&c used for reference).
- Reduced the scale of stations, they were larger than planets!
- Reduced ranges of weapons for closer engagements.
- Removed all units of speed and distance.
- Newtonian flight gives a small increase to speed unlike before where you would continually accelerate.
- Hostile Stations will reject your request to dock with them.
- Removed Career mode ammo requirements.
- Adjusted the deadzone while in mouse flight mode, it is now more sensitive and allows for turning easier.
- Added a check to see if a ship has been modified if the ships modules or subsystems have not be modified you will not be asked to overwrite the ship when launching.
- You can no longer attempt to cancel death.
- Stations should no longer cause a huge performance hit while on screen.
- The economy has been updated to a more complex form with over 40 commodities. Upon galaxy creation, there will be an increased delay as the simulation is initialized, we are working to eliminate or minimize this. Further work is also needed on the economy graph filter.
- Fixed an issue where you could mirror the first part you place down when starting with the root block. Mirroring has been disabled for the first piece on the root block and then will be turned back on.
- Fixed an issue where you were able to replace a modified part with another from the right panel.
- Fixed issue with Mirroring parts when using flip part, they would not retain their correct orientation once leaving the Shipyard. *Parts that have been flipped will need to be re-added to take effect.
- Fixed Graphics Option Templates not applying in Shipyard.
- Fixed Sounds settings when leaving the map open.
- Pressing Escape when the map is open now closes the map.
- Fixed the issue with the Cargo Holds are full message from happening when the ship doesn't have any cargo holds.
- Fixed an issue with “Warp To” where it was adding an additional zero to the distance.
- Fixed an issue with persistence of the inventories on re-loading a saved game.
- Found the missing stars