Patch Notes 0.07
- In-Game Guide
- The first time you load into the game (shipyard) you’ll see a window that’s called “Game Guide” , you can choose to make it not start up by clicking a checkmark in the upper left corner that says “Do not show” ,to get back to the game guide menu, you can get back to it by pressing escape and going through the main menu. It may be accessed from the shipyard or the sector.
- Size 2 Drone Hangar
- Drone Hangar Subsystems (Bays, Launch Platforms, Launch Rate Modifiers)
- Size 2 Drone Control Model
- Drone Control Module (Drone Control 1,2,3)
- Base Combat Drone
- Controls include:
- User Interface Window Additions:
- Hangar Bay Manager inside of shipyard:
- Located in lower left corner only if you have bays placed on the ship (if no bay units are placed, you won’t see it)
- Used to place drones inside the hangar (i.e. make them stored on the ship)
- Drone Management Window in gameplay
- Located on the left side of the screen
- Default Keybinding is Left Shift+G (not changeable at this point) to open the window.
- Controls launching and recall of all drones
- Click on a drone to select the drone.
- Selected drones will appear yellow, inactive drones are normal icons
- Drone Control Window
- Located on the right hand side of the screen, consists of 3 icons:
- Recall Selected
- Recall All
- Selected drones will appear in yellow (You must click them to make them selected)
- Window will not appear until a drone is launched (from Drone Manager)
- Shields implemented -When shields are depleted, damage is applied to the hull until the shield has a chance to regenerate. When toggling drag/Kinetic Field off (default key is T) shields will be lowered and can not regenerate until drag is toggled back on. If shields are down, the ship cannot activate the Micro Warp Drive.
- Greatly increased Rate of Fire and Projectile velocity on all Kinetic weapons.
- Kinetic Projectiles now have a new visual effect
- Subsystems- All ship modules of the Hull category now share a pooled volume equal to the sum of their individual volumes. When you open the subsystem space for a Hull in the shipyard through the right click menu, the window will display the subsystems already placed in any Hull as well as all available empty space. We hope this change removes some tedium from the shipbuilding process. Note that any other category of ship module; Engine, Cockpit, the new Hangar modules, etc still work exactly as before. Subsystems must be placed in them individually. This change should not invalidate existing ship files as the save format itself has not changed, but a simple conversion process will be run on them the first time they are loaded with this patch to move the Hull subsystems into the shared inventory. It may be wise to backup your current ships before loading them.
- Damage model changes- Ship parts are no longer destroyed, only subsystems and the overall hull health pool take damage. Subsystems in modules such as engines, cockpits, and hangars take individual damage if the collider of the module is hit. If a module is hit with the Hull classification, any subsystem in the shared hull subsystem space has a chance to be damaged. This chance increases as hull health decreases.
- Changed Graphic Manager Resolution list to only display higher than 800x600 resolutions (no more 640x480 resolution issues)
- Subsystem inventory icon changes: The quantity field has been moved to the lower left instead of the upper left. The size field in the upper right has been changed to display the volume the subsystem takes up within the block it is placed in instead of the size classification (Size 1, Size 2, etc).