D12 Patch is Live!
New Galaxy Required
Warning: Parts May be Disconnected from Old Ships and will need to be reconnected. Known Issue: Hardpoint Placement: If you can’t get a hardpoint to accept its position, enter freeform mode (tab) and adjust it to be able to fit, then click “Connect Part to Ship”
- AI can now warp and turn off drag to while travelling or when closing distance with a hostile target. This should be quite noticeable to players compared to the constant slow-boating they used to do.
- Shipyard - Added the ability to place modules singly or mirrored, flip the mirrored modules as needed
- Damage readouts in Sector. Icon will appear when a system has reached 75% health, with the color transitioning to red when it reaches 25% health. A tool tip has been added to give exact percentage of health.
- AI ships can now make use of attack drones.
- Jump drives: The jump drive subsystems are now functional. Instead of only being able to jump to sectors within your current star system, a jump drive allows you to make jumps based only on distance. The star map now displays how far a sector is from your current position in light years, and how far you can jump using your ship’s currently equipped jump drive. If you don’t have one, you’re stuck with jumping to same-system sectors and jump gates.
- Ships now retain their damage upon return to shipyard. The new repair window allows the player to recover hull damage and repair subsystems for a cost. If the player lacks funds, their balance will go into the negative, representing debt. While in debt, repairs can still be purchased, but the player is unable to spend money in any other way. This is a temporary implementation pending further development passes.
- Paint Styles are now available (beyond Color Profiles) - to add textures to colors on the ships.
- Module counter in the lower left corner of the shipyard displays how many modules are on the ship as well as the ship module count classification (low/medium/high/extreme). As players add more components, a warning will pop up showing when performance may begin to be impacted by module #’s
- Shipyard UI has been overhauled. The top bar is now controls: Reset, Save,Load,Workshop,Info,Store,Inventory,Repair Window,and all ship stats divide by classification.
- The new right hand slide out controls Modules (Cockpits,Hulls,Engines,Misc), Weapons both hardpoint/weapon mount placement and assigning weapons to mounts, Drones placement of Hanger/DCM and hangar management. And last but not least is the customization of colors and styles.
- The new left side slide out Shipyard Tools, Gizmo Controls, Mirror Placement, and Mirror Tools.
- Modules are now placed on a grid system in Shipyard rather than a node system. Pressing Tab will still enable freeform mode.
- Significantly decreased spread of all kinetic weapons
- Doubled damage rating of all kinetic weapons
- Reduced the mass of all ammunition
- Reduced the volume of all ammunition, it should now be viable to stock your ships with it.
- The AI aggro mechanic has been fleshed out a bit. Enemy ships smaller than you may run instead of fight, and larger ships may not see you as worth their time. Proximity is also taken into account, and distant ships may not bother with you.
- Asteroids will now be of random scale.
- Faction standings are now reciprocal. It is not longer possible for faction A to love faction B, while faction B hates faction A.
- Drone collision avoidance has been updated
- Warp effects modified
- Fixed a bug that occured when holding a directional input while opening the map.
- Fixed bugs affecting some particle effect scales.
- Fixed a performance issue while warping that was introduced in D11.
- Fixed a bug where auto warp would move the player away from their intended destination if they tried to warp to a large object while inside that object’s safety perimeter.
- MOONS? MOOOOOOOOOONS! Moons. (Moons have been added back into the scene)