- LOD system for asteroids
- Mining Drones
- Added keybind GUI for the Drone Management Window in the options menu.
- Added keyboard button bindings for camera rotation under Controls>Flight. By default, these are unbound.
- Drone AI improvements:
- Drones will now actively try to avoid running into ships. They will not always succeed. Take caution when launching and recovering drones.
- Drones will now aim much more effectively. They should now be quite useful in combat.
- Mining Drones automatically dock once inventory is full.
- Mining Drones will only be able to mine asteroids, not able to attack other ships.
- Attack Drones will only be able to attack other ships and not mine asteroids.
- Improved lighting in sector space.
- Drone ejection from ship has been reduced in speed.
- The Warp To functionality in Sector now takes the bounding box of the destination object into consideration. This means that if an object is extremely large, like a space station, the size of the space station will add to the buffer that Warp uses, so the player won’t exit warp colliding with the station.
Improved visual effect for kinetic weapons
- All projectiles have doubled velocity
- Damage values of all weapons have been tweaked.
- Armor plate durability has been tweaked.
- Resistances are now active, percentage based with diminishing returns.
- Kinetic weapons are still the only weapon type in game for now.
- Kinetic Field Generator strength have been tweaked.
- Larger tier weapons now have increased firing range.
- Galaxy Generation changes
- Your current galaxies are not compatible and should be deleted.
- Previously, Each sector represented an entire solar system. This has been changed so that each sector is a part of a solar system that will contain areas of interest. Generation is capped to 50 solar systems, but each solar system will have multiple sectors, so the maximum allowed number of sectors is about the same as before. This change should allow us to make each sector more dense with content.
- The Galaxy map has been completely revamped. WASD or dragging with left click will pan the map. Scroll wheel will zoom and holding right click will rotate. Right click on a star system to a list of its sectors. Click on one of the sectors in the list to warp there. Note that the game is paused while the map is open. This is only a first pass and the map will change greatly over the next few patches.
- Star system names are randomly chosen from a txt file in the Streaming Assets folder.
- Changed all sizes of Engine Trails and other visual attributes of Engine Trails
- Fixed a bug that caused collision damage to pass through shields.
- Fixed a bug with turret aiming that caused turrets to not fire when calculated lead point was too far from the target. Beware, AI should be far more deadly.
Patch D9 will begin development today and will begin being available for our Beta Test Group once we have made changes. If you're interested in joining our Beta Test Group, check out the Beta Notes sub forum
. If you run into errors, graphic glitches etc, please post them to our Live Build D8 Bug Reports Thread