D13 Patch is Live!
A new galaxy is required for this build!
- Economy first pass: This patch includes the beginning of our new economy simulation. With the simulation, it should now possible for players to make profit through arbitrage (taking advantage of price difference in separate markets). Each sector has a market which simulates the trade of 5 different commodities, and the prices of modules, subsystems, ammunition, and trade goods are tied to one of these. This is greatly simplified compared to our final plans, and we will be posting a detailed write up on the subject soon.
- Mining Laser Weapon Subsystem. These weapons are not able to be aimed at and fired at enemies, nor are they available to be able to manually control currently.
- Planets now have a gravitational field around them, the closer a ship gets the stronger the effect, the total mass of the ship is also a factor, large ships should be advised to stay away from planetary bodies. Micro Warp, and use of a ships KFG will allow you to escape the gravitational pull of a planet.
- If a hardpoint/weapon mount does not have a weapon attached to it, it will now highlight yellow. The icon in the right side weapon window will also be highlighted yellow.
- While in Sector pressing [Left Shift] + [ B ] will do the same as right click and align to. *This will be bind-able later researching an issue with it currently.
- The rotation tool in shipyard now was a degree increment tool. The degrees are: 5, 15,45,90,180.
- A Main Menu button has been added to both Shipyard and Sector.
- Ship Inventory in Shipyard now has a Unload All button, this will dump the current contents of the ship to your station storage.
- A Missing Subsystem Warning system above the launch button in Shipyard.This is a quick reference to see if you ship is missing any of the critical subsystems.
- Added a load screen between scenes with hints on them.
- Added a Overlap Tool to turn off an off the overlap. Meaning you can now have 100% overlap if you so desire. This is located in the shipyard tools fly out.
- Added a Zero Rotation tool, this will allow you to zero out the rotations of the part after it’s been placed off the mouse. But before it is connected to the ship. This is located in the shipyard tools fly out.
- New DCM Module modes and icons.
- Added a Sector label for available cargo space so you do not have to open the inventory while mining in order to see how full your cargo is.
- Added keybinding for increasing and decreasing grid size in shipyard Defaults are [T] and [G]
- Added key bindings and UI buttons to increase and decrease rotational degree snapping, default keys are [Shift]+[T] and [Shift]+[G]
- Added Kinetic Field Strength to the KFG Info display in shipyard
- Holding [Shift] While confirming the placement of a part will duplicate that module for rapid placement of the same module.
- New module highlight effect
- Updated Sector UI. To be more cohesive with the Shipyard UI.
- Module and subsystem balance and scale - All modules and subsystems have been adjusted, they now follow a more logical scaling factor, this is not final and will be subject to many changes for balance and play ability.
- Players should notice a sizable increase in performance this patch due to changes in our camera rendering and the way we are handling materials.
- Missile AI has been improved they will no long fly in a spiral pattern.
- Added a career option to the New Galaxy Menu.
- The camera should start farther away from the ship when loading into the Shipyard.
- Improved the Mirroring tool location of mirrored part.
- Shipyard tools that are a Toggle now stay lit up to show if they are on/off.
- Modifying a part now just goes to the 3D movement tools instead of attaching it to the mouse.
- Reset button has been moved into the shipyard tools.
- Weapons & DCMs will start with their bases down toward the part you are attempting to place them on.
- Cockpits, Hulls, and Engines will start with their backs toward the part you are attempting to place them on.
- Subsystem - Increased Jump Drive mass, reduced base charge time. Range and Recharge time now scale with tier
- Adjusted max and minimum brightness of skybox nebula.
- Removed crew quarters and crew requirements, these systems will be re-implemented later.
- Right Click Menu > Modify now enables fine tune mode with transform and rotation gizmo.
- Increased ambient lighting on the underside of ships in the shipyard.
- Changed the Rotation and Translation Gizmo, the new tools are much cleaner looking.
- Moved the ship reset button to the Shipyard Tools flyout
- All stock ships have been rebuilt and equipped to function under the current changed.
- Game Guide has been corrected so that it is accessible in the shipyard. *Note images still need to be updated.
- Fixed button not following sound settings.
- Fixed an issue with the Subsystem Manager filter when closing/opening it would not display the correct filter list.
- Fixed an issue with camera’s overlap rendering should increase performance across the board.
- Fixed an issue with the store that would take the credits but not give the goods to the player.
- Fixed a bug with warp gates not being spawned.
- Fixed Hardpoints 9/10 this should no longer have placement issues.
- Missiles should now once again trigger their audio when firing.
- Station inventory tooltip no longer displays ERROR! the first time it's displayed.
- When loading a ship some parts will no longer display the error hologram, even though they are in legal placement.
- Fixed issues with the weapon manager tab not displaying module size properly.
- Resolved scrolling issues with the weapon manager.
- Your ship will no longer continue flying away when you open the main menu.
- Corrected calculation error in the warp-to command, it was adding an extra zero to the distance it allowed the ship to warp to.
- In-store prices are not affected by the economy simulation right after creating a new game and before leaving the station.
- Star fields are not rendering, once it is fixed we'll hot patch the live build.