After the previous weeks saw some journals heavy on content, this week’s journals is about indepth underlying mechanics.
Relations are now tracked per race, making decisions about who you make war with much more important. Declaring war on an Elven city might give you a quick conquest, but don’t expect your Elven citizens to be happy about it afterwards. As your relations with each race improves, you will be able to earn unique racial perks that boost your armies and economy as described in the Race Command Feature. However there are more benefits, like new ways of expanding your realm without warfare.
As your relations with Independents improve through better race relations and completing quests, you can convince independent towns to serve you as Vassals. Though they retain independence, Vassals have many benefits:
- Vassals provide you with a reliable per turn income, based on a % of the actual town’s income.
- Unlike regular independent towns, vassals grow in population and maintain their own defenders.
- Vassals occasionally give units as gifts to your empire
- Vassals are allies, meaning you can help protect them via the adjacent hexagon rule.
- Vassals can be bought to join your empire when you think the time is right.
to continue to reading our new Dev Journal!