As promised, we have an update for you! It addresses a number of issues you've helped us pinpoint while improving the game's UI and overall performance.
Here's the breakdown:What’s NewUI Improvements:
Performance and Optimization:
- Added ability to change controls and key bindings from the pause menu’s options screen.
- Added ability to change display mode and resolution from the pause menu’s options screen.
- Added ability to navigate the options screen with both keyboard and gamepad regardless of which control scheme is currently selected for gameplay.
- Added keyboard support for the construction and research menus.
- Changed default pause key to Esc, which functions with both the keyboard and gamepad control schemes.
- Changed default confirm key to Enter.
- Added ability to rotate construction parts with the arrow keys or your key bindings for left and right movement (e.g., A and D by default). We hope this improves usability for left-handed players using keyboard and mouse.
- Added ability to rebind the “stamp object” key used during construction.
- The game will now default to the dedicated GPU on NVIDIA Optimus and AMD Dual Graphics laptops.
- Multiplayer games will no longer drop to 30 fps.
- Removed the option to run the game at 30 fps.
- Added the following graphics quality presets to the options menu:
High: Enables all post-processing effects.
Medium: Disables anti-aliasing.
Low: Disables anti-aliasing, fake 3D, dust, fog.
- Fixed issues with language and resolution settings not saving properly.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to get stuck in the tutorial when using keyboard and mouse.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to get stuck in story scenes if a controller wasn’t connected.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to get stuck in the key bindings menu.
- Fixed an issue with the construction menu’s cursor behavior in online multiplayer.
- Fixed an issue with the laser tower targeting nearby items and friendly robots as enemies.
- Fixed an issue with “magnet” indicators incorrectly appearing in places where construction parts would not actually stick.
- Fixed an issue with DirectInput controllers crashing the game.
- Fixed miscellaneous crashes related to the stun tower and tourist bus, amongst others.
- Fixed minor localization issues.
- Fixed other miscellaneous bugs.
There's still much to be done and we'll be tackling it as resources allow, so stay tuned!
As always, please let us know what you think in your comments here, our Steam community
, or Twitter
If you have bugs to report, please see this post for details on the info we need
and then post to our Flies in the Soup - Bug Reports
Much love and gratitude for your patience and support!