Octodad: Dadliest Catch, Version 1.0.9791
- Reduced default physics threads again from 3 to 2 on Mac/Windows based on lag spike feedback. You can now change physics threads in the Game Settings. If you still have lag spikes at 2 try lowering to 1.
- Amount of rain on boat reduced to improve performance (you can still turn it off completely by lowering Physics Detail in Game Settings. Yeah, I know that doesn't make a lot of sense, but it's really the only detail setting supported in editor to hide meshes currently.)
- End credits people are set to ignore Octodad and disappear after 20 seconds to fix bug where Octodad could not leave the theater.
- Fixed an issue where arms would not trigger triggers when grabbing an object.
- Respawning jointed physics objects more stable.
- STEAM OVERLAY WORKS.
- Open Source AMD/ATI driver now supported, but shadows do not work right and it is very slow so fglrx still recommended for playable performance on all but the best desktop cards.
- Borderless now supports alt-tabbing, but Unity and Gnome menu bars will try and be on top (thanks window manager). Please use fullscreen at desktop resolution if this is undesired.
- Fixed bug where using 360 controller with DS4 controller in co-op would assign 360 mapping to DS4 permanently.
- Some graphics performance increases.
- Graphics performance increase for non HD4000 cards (HD4000 shader driver bug workaround was slowing down other cards). If you have an HD3000 please let us know if it is more playable now.
- OpenGL multithreading enabled which may improve performance on some CPUs.
- Needless glFlush() removed to improve graphics performance.
- Poor Shader Quality now has transparency. (Poor Shader Quality not recommended unless the other shader mode doesn't work, or you have a very fast CPU and a terrible graphics card. It can be much slower than High Quality because it doesn't use hardware skinning or instancing.)
- Other fixes for Poor Shader Quality animation/skinning bugs.
- Custom FMOD sound banks now can load from zip file.