We're excited to announce that we've added Vulkan support to the 3DMark API Overhead feature test. This means you can now compare the API performance of Vulkan, DirectX 12, and DirectX 11 on your PC with one easy-to-use test.
Vulkan is a new graphics API that provides high-efficiency, low-level access to modern GPUs. APIs like Vulkan and DirectX 12 make better use of multi-core CPUs to streamline code execution and eliminate software bottlenecks, particularly for draw calls.
Games typically make thousands of draw calls per frame, but each one creates performance-limiting overhead for the CPU. Vulkan and DirectX 12 reduce that overhead, which means more objects, textures and effects can be drawn to the screen.
The 3DMark API Overhead feature test measures API performance by making a steadily increasing number of draw calls. The result of the test is the number of draw calls per second achieved by each API before the frame rate drops below 30 FPS.
Please note, the Vulkan test replaces the Mantle test found in previous versions. The API Overhead feature test is not available in the 3DMark demo.http://store.steampowered.com/app/2238503DMark v2.3.3663
This is a major update that adds Vulkan support to the API Overhead feature test. Benchmark scores are unaffected with the exception of API Overhead feature test, which now produces scores for Vulkan instead of Mantle.
- Added Vulkan support to the API Overhead feature test. Use the API Overhead feature test to compare Vulkan, DirectX 12, and DirectX 11 API performance on your PC. The Vulkan test requires compatible video drivers with Vulkan support. Check with your GPU vendor for Vulkan driver support if your hardware is unable to run the test. Note that the Vulkan test replaces the Mantle test found in previous versions of 3DMark.
- SystemInfo scan time is now much faster on X99 systems.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the API Overhead feature test to fail to show a score on some systems.
- Time Spy will now properly recover from a corrupted shader cache.
- Uninstalling 3DMark now removes the shader cache folder completely.
- Fixed a scaling issue that could cause parts of the UI to end up outside the display area on 1080p monitors with 150% DPI scaling.