A quick one, so only a few changes this time around.
We're hearing you on the archer shotgun changes
This has been a strongly dividing issue - some like it, some hate it, there are certainly more archers and more arrows flying.
To counteract this we've made the outer arrows of overcharged shots disintegrate after a moderate distance
; you can still use them for support and CQC, but cant rain them in big arcs.
If this isn't enough to stabilise the opinions around it and result in a good archer meta we'll take a vote on where to go next. So far we're seeing more archers, which we take as an indication that the class is currently more fun for the average joe
- we've just got to find a balance that appeases the higher tier players and those maining other classes.
Fix and Tweak Summary
- Potential Fix for invisible mines
This one has been clamoured about for a while - we thought this was fixed a few builds ago but
- Fixed Builders getting half materials
This was a hard to catch typo bug that slipped in halfway through the last round of changes; was good that it was caught early after the release though and has been fixed now.
- Fixed some spike network sync issues
at the cost of a little latency in the spikes reaction
- Removed archer ignoring fixed camera setting
We decided to just let players choose properly; some people have been complaining about this both ways so we removed the conflicting setting.
- Clantag re-added to character name in scoreboard
Adding a new column would take too long, so the clantag was just added to the name column again.
- Clantag colour is same as name colour on mouse hover
- Removed "invalid utf8 spam" for people with invalid names
should just cleanly replace bad characters now.
- Siege Engine Conversion Tweaks
Siege engines can't be converted in 0 seconds flat any more, and in fact cannot be sat into before conversion; This should make defending a forward ballista a little simpler and mean a little less "hot potato" seat swapping.
We'll see how it goes over the weekend, thanks for bearing with us with some of these more experimental changes!