Special focus on SDK-related things, Coldfront and new map variants, and a few fixes thrown in for good measure ...
The SDK changes are mostly focused on giving people more control over the game through the map editor, without having to involve a programmer. There's at least one new Torn Banner-made map utilizing the new SDK changes that will be coming to the Workshop for this patch (along with, at some point, an uncooked version so the Kismet can be reused by others). The potential applications for these changes should hopefully be more obvious then. These new additions and changes are a little experimental and most aren't going to be suitable for typical Team Objective maps, though.
Gameplay / Animation Changes
- Fixed collision on old pallisades.
- Level load camera
- Fixed a mesh gap
- Removed redundant areas
- Blocking volume pass
- More cover on beach
- Finished blocking in castle areas
- Fixed blood mask issues with grand mace and messer variant
- Added bardiche variant
- Fixed arrows remaining if you cancel bow draw
- Fixed some animation popping when switching weapons with shield
- Fixed shield remaining up during release to parry
- Fixed killed for idling when on catapult
- don't allow selected king to go into spectator
- don't pick spectators to be king
- fixed parry riposte anim sometimes not blending
- fixed weapon kill icon for 1h longsword, messer, sword of war
- fix: grand mace skin shows on player's back after they switch to/from the weapon
- check bDisplayOnScoreboard before counting players for autobalance (don't count the decorative NPCs on Coldfront)
- fix for improper vo line for archer "you're welcome"
- fix for gargling wounded
- TO2 - Mutator / map-driven TO-type mode
- Existing objective staging code from TO will not work in TO2; there are helper nodes planned to make staging a bit easier, as well as other nodes to manually set stage descriptions and such, but these are not done and work on TO2 is currently in slow burn. This makes TO2 less suitable for "classic" TO maps right now, and more suitable to weird experimental Kismet-driven game modes (examples to come)
- New node to set who will win when time runs out
- CustomScoring mutator to steer scoring, kills, deaths, assists
- add nodes to manually set kills, deaths, assists
- events for CustomScoring; fires events on kills, deaths, assists, etc.
- If you spawn an NPC (using Spawn Standard Bot or Spawn Custom Family Bot) with Kismet without specifying a spawn point, it will just use AOCGame's normal spawn point selection algorithm, selecting a point from all available on the map
- add mapinfo option to force manual kills, deaths, assists scoring
- add node to manually set score outside of CustomScoring mutator
- custom team setup mutator, plus support in GRI and HUD
- VIP Mutator and KillTargets mutators
- KillTargets -- nice automatic tracking of kill targets; could be used in an LTS mode, horde mode, VIP mode, 'peasant killing' objective, etc.
- VIP -- is not implemented yet, however the idea is:
- The assassination objective, reimagined as a mutator for TO2 with a nicer interface, modularity
- child of KillTargets, some defaults set differently
- The TO2 PC, and TO2 itself know nothing about this mutator specifically, unlike the situation with the previous solution and AOCTeamObjective/AOCTeamObjectivePC/AOCObjective_Assassination
- "PurchaseBox" actor
- lets you "purchase" things by subtracting points from a player's score or from a SpecialCustomScoring mutator
- ChangeHealthPawnAndMax and ChangePawnGroundSpeed nodes
- Map-definable AOCFamilyInfos
- In TO2 (only!), can be used to replace existing players’ classes
- In all modes, can be used to spawn custom family bots
- Changes significant portions of code, may require existing mods be updated!
- however, the code to mod AOCFamilyInfos should be cleaner now...
- sdk treepack branch collision set properly
- disabled per poly so arrows/siege weapons don't hit them
- potentially fix issue where AOCNPC_New's could broadcast the fact they spawned to the chat
- add CMWSeqAction_TO2_StartResetLevel
- CMW HUD Marker
- Will remove itself (optionally) if owner is killed
- New "add marker" nodes: one will just add a marker without attaching (but with more options), one is a helper that will add a marker / attach it / set it to auto-destroy when owner dies (for easy pawn attachment, for instance)
- Set up edit conditions for customization overriding kismet functions to make prettier
- Add CMWSeqAction_ChangePlayerWeapon (in AOC Actions as "Change Player Weapons"); lets you change an individual weapon without completely breaking the rest of the pawn's inventory
- add GiantSlayers pawn code to AOC
- add an optional pawn class overrider in AOCFamilyInfo (coupled with map-definable AOCFamilyInfos, lets you, e.g., spawn giant bots)
- Add PC as output variable for Kismet ClientToServerBridges so you know who fired the event (you could, for instance, use this to grab player button input from the client and route it to server Kismet to do... something...)
- Fixed chat team colours for spectators.