Hello Patterns Fans!
We’ve updated the game with maintenance and bug fixes. As always, the team is continually improving the game through bug fixes and feature development and working hard to get those improvements out to you as quickly as possible. Today's update addresses many of the bugs you may be experiencing in the game. See the release notes for more details.
We’re still working on improving the multiplayer experience based on your feedback, as well as working to better game performance and optimization. There are also new features on the table that we hope to add soon!
Thank you all for playing and stay tuned for more great thing to come in the world of Patterns.
The Patterns Team
Release notes for Patterns version 0.03b version 65521 7/18/2013
- Co-op challenge has been improved
- Improved rocket multiplayer sync issues
- Angleopes now hide in their shells for multiplayer
- Temporarily have blocked network clients from using TK on creatures as it needs further work
- Network multiplayer host can now save game
- Fixed a bug that required users to force quit the game
- Visual quality on high quality settings is improved
- Fixed collection challenge on worlds with no moonstone
- Challenge mode "completed" text now in place
- The game mode for cloud worlds will now be greyed out rather than giving the false impression of letting you set it
- New text added for the game mode descriptions
- Improved UI for Liking/Unliking of Cosmos planets
- Better and proper notification of substance collection/use amounts on the HUD
- Assorted bug fixes for UI buttons showing or not showing up
- Genesis worlds shouldn't need surface graphs rebuilt anymore at load time
- Using the wrench tool to rotate Shapes and Patterns no longer causes visual problems from Patterns and Shapes under stress
- Older worlds in the cosmos are now properly listed if they didn't have a game mode set previously
- Pattern substance tally is now properly computed so you can place a pattern with 50 substance if you have 50 (previously you needed to have 50 + substance required for the anchor shape)
- Debris can now be reattached to the world by right clicking on it and using the craft tools
- We have a bug that prevents email entries from working when registering Cosmos accounts if the first character is capitalized. If you are having problems getting you email accepted try using lower case.
- Currently it is not possible to collect Spinewood and Lava.
- We are pushing the boundaries of our Shape engine with some of the larger worlds. Frame rate will vary depending upon the power of your machine.
- Load times for the larger worlds are a little long so plan accordingly.
- Hosted Multiplayer games are currently private and you must coordinate with your guests to set up a game. LAN games can be seen in a list but a guest must know the name of your hosted internet multilplayer game in order to find it.
- Joining is improved but can be a problem due to accessing proxy servers
- Larger worlds can take a long time to stream to guest players
- Our focus has been to support a cooperative building experience. Sync issues may result with more extreme and inevitable behavior when building over longer play times, widespread destruction, aggressive use of Craft mode, playing with more than two players and impromptu death matches.