Hello Patterns Fans!
Welcome to another release update.
We wanted to take a brief minute from your Steam Sale stalking, and tell you that Patterns is part of the sale so now is a great time to get your friends playing.
The focus for this update was to streamline the flow for accessing the Cosmos and setting up Multiplayer games. There’s a new Challenge Mode that includes a timer and counter for keeping track of hidden shapes you can find on the planets. You can also now vote on each other's planets found on the Cosmos. All that happened, and we fixed a bunch of bugs too.
Since our last update, we've heard many of you are successfully engaging in multiplayer sessions and have seen some of those adventures in the form of videos. We’d love to see more, so keep sharing your videos! If you’re still having troubles with multiplayer, let us know if this update improves things. Multiplayer is still in an early form - so we’re paying close attention to the feedback and input that you’re sharing.
For more details on the specifics of the release, see the release notes below.
Release notes for Patterns version 0.03b 7/11/2013
- Fixed bugs with accessing and exiting multiplayer games
- Success rate for joining hosted sessions has been improved
- The UI flow to access and create Multiplayer games has been streamlined
- Chat is working for multiplayer sessions! While in a multiplayer game, hit “t” to access the chat interface
- Bugs fixes dealing with sync and latency
- Added ability to vote on your favorite Cosmos planets
- Cosmos planets will display total votes cast for them
- Added filters to sort Planets by popularity
- Improved UI flow for accessing Shared planets, Cosmos planets and local saves
- Enter a world in Challenge Mode and race the clock to find all of the hidden Moonstone shapes on the planet
- Eratus VI Ancient Ruins is a new challenge world with hidden shapes and time trial
- Saved planets failing to load past 27% bug is fixed.
- Debris can not be right clicked on to access Craft edit mode
- New audio!
Patterns is very much a work in progress. We are updating regularly and improving the experience with both bug fixes and features.
Here are some of the bigger known issues you may run across when playing.
Internet multiplayer is still heavily in development.
In game with LAN and Internet multiplayer.
- We made it available for testing so we can learn from having more users trying it out.
- Joining a multiplayer game is improved but can be a problem due to accessing proxy servers
- Larger worlds can take a long time to stream to guest players
- Our focus has been to support a cooperative building experience. Sync issues may result with more extreme and inevitable behavior when building over longer play times, widespread destruction, aggressive use of Craft mode, playing with more than two players and impromptu death matches.
- We are pushing the boundaries of our Shape engine with some of the larger worlds. Frame rate will vary depending upon the power of your machine.
- Load times for the larger worlds are a little long