The following is information regarding a voluntary beta test. Continue reading if you're interested in volunteering.
Please restart Steam to get access to the open_beta.
The following is an invitation to an open beta focusing on stability changes as well as tweaks to the XP and money systems. By testing this with us, we hope to add these changes to the live game.
If it crashes while you play, you can find your crash dumps (file extension .mdmp) in this folder: \Steam\steamapps\common\PAYDAY 2. Please share this with us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As subject, type "Open Beta Crash dump"
The open beta update size: 134mb
Participate by doing the following:
1) Right click on PAYDAY 2 in your Steam library
2) Go to properties
3) Go to the "BETAS" tab
4) Switch to open_beta (there is no password)
5) Press "CLOSE"
6) Download the update
PLEASE NOTE #1:
Do this at your own risk. You might lose your save file so please back it up before you start. This is a beta so the game might crash during play.
How to back up save files
PLEASE NOTE #2:
If you choose to participate, please uninstall any mods you use. We can't use your feedback if you have any mods installed, as that feedback won't reflect the unmodified experience.
PLEASE NOTE #3:
This open beta includs two major changes; PART ONE: focusing on network, stability and enemy related changes. PART TWO: focuses on money and XP related changes. There will be two seperate threads for each major change. All changes are part of the same open beta, but to simplify discussion, please discuss the appropiate part in the appropiate forum.
PLEASE NOTE #4:
The changes suggested in PART TWO are suggestions. We want you to try them and tell us what you think. If you love it, we'll include it, if you hate it, we'll not. Simple as that.
PLEASE NOTE #5:
Restart Steam to get access to the open_beta!
PLEASE NOTE #6:
When you play the open_beta, please note that you can only play with other open_beta participants.
PLEASE NOTE #7:
You keep any progress you get in the open_beta to the live, public version of the game.
Network related changes
- Under ”Network Options” in the ”Options” menu you can find a new setting called ”Forwarding”. Enabling this will try to reduce the risk of disconnections. If your computer loses connection with any player(s) on the server the game will try to use another player as a relay. If this situation occurs the game may experience lower response time but the connection will be kept until a direct connection can be reestablished.
Stability related changes
- Fix for lobby being unjoinable if host terminates contract before all clients have finished loading.
- Crashfixes. The crashes happened mostly on game start or when another player spawned
Enemy related changes
- Fix for enemies standing idle after having sprinted.
- Cloaker will animate his position correctly when doing his sprint-kick.
- Tweaked cloaker dodge pattern
If you feedback please tell us in the bug reporting forum thread created for PART ONE. You can find it here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/10/35222218648092119/
Experience and money related changes
From the help of some members of the community, we have gone through all experience and money rewards. The following changes were made:
- Experience on all job was raised to be on the same terms as Rats
- Bag values were changed to reduce the gap between some missions
- Heat was reduced since there should be no preferential farm missions
- 50% of the stealth bonus was balanced to the experience reward of the stealthable jobs
If you have feedback please tell us in the bug reporting forum thread created for PART TWO. You can find it here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/10/35222218648145323/
Thanks for your help!
OVERKILL - a Starbreeze Studio.