Updates to The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client (in on-line mode) is restarted.
Major changes include:
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing v1.1.06
-The multiplayer game still has some issues. Please play it with a character created for the multiplayer only because data loss may occur sometimes.
- The cost of inserting Essences into items have been rebalanced.
- Other players' icons are grayed out while they are on different maps.
- Made some improvements to the movement prediction which should make "random teleportation" rarer.
- The network code is much more optimized with less traffic. This lowers the network-related lag.
- Fixed a bug with synchronizing the enemy hitpoints.
- Fixed an issue with the quest markers remaining over people's heads even though they have disappeared from the map.
- The "Go Offline" and "Continue playing offline" functions were removed. You can only go offline if you are the server and noone has connected yet. (You can still exit and continue offline from the Main Menu of course.)
- The floating text in the game is now displayed in the client's language, not the host's.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the server to be stuck after cutscenes.
- Unit throwing and knockback works properly in multiplayer.
- Joining a game sets the town portal destination properly.
- Frost mines are no longer treated as obstacle on clients.
- Sound effects of skills are playing properly.
- Quests no longer give XP for every character in the party, only once as it should.
- Sound of the Earthquake skill fixed.
- Fixed a bug with the Gluttoner Idol in the Lost Place. (It gave the Ability Points twice.)
- Fixed another issue with creating equipped items with higher level limits than the wielder.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Marquis of Soot to fall through the roof.
- Fixed the Scholarly Ghost perk. Now it should be achievable.
- Fixed the tooltip of the Fury skill's icon in the lower left corner.
- Removed an exploit with Lady Katarina's shopping feature.
- You can no longer sell unidentified items with the Sell All button.
- Fixed an issue that could cause you to be teleported to the Lost Place even if you've already escaped once.
- Fixed an issue with saves getting corrupted in case of powering down your computer while playing.
- Quest items are no longer brought into Scenarios. (Don't worry, they will be there if you return to the Story mode!)
- Fixed an issue with the Hidden Treasure quest. If you are already stuck with that quest, you can fix it with the "/FixQuest 1" command in the chat!
- Ray of Destruction can no longer be used if you have less than 100 Mana.
- Fixed an issue with trying to use spells from out of range. Now Van Helsing should always try to get in range and then cast the spell.
- A new system of rewards for Scenarios is introduced. Killing monsters in a Scenario will now add to your Glory pool, which in turn will give you Glory points. You can spend these points on bonuses in several different areas. The Glory gathered and the bonuses bought are shared among all your characters.
- Two new Scenarios are available: the Gallowsbog and the Rookery.
- New shortcuts are added to Enchant/Use Laboratory ('E') and Disenchant ('D').
- Damage Per Hit values now include the potential damage from Critical Hits scaled by your Critical Chance.
- You can bind spells to the Left Mouse Button as well. These will only work if you click on a valid target or while holding down the Shift key, otherwise Van Helsing will try to move to the clicked position.