Today’s build features a number of fixes and balance changes. We have had a number of beta testers express their concerns about the balance of parts that are uncommonly utilized in loadouts. In this build we have tweaked values on parts such as:
- Burst-Fire Triggers
You will also find that we’ve included the new Double Flip (Off) taunt in the Outfitter. This taunt is similar to the one performed by the bots in the WeaponCrafting test area. You’ll also notice that Axl’s Rod is also available in the Outfitter – equip with caution. Lastly, we have introduced more complete Localization text with this build. If you happen to find any translations that do not quite make sense, please head over to our http://"[url=http://www.loadout.com/forums/showthread.php?6107-Localization"
thread on the forums with your suggestions.
Call to Action
This week we would like to see continued feedback on the state of weapon balance and general gameplay. Please test out some of the changes made in regards to weapon and equipment balance. All input should be directed to our Feedback, Ideas and Suggestions section of the forums.
Now that we’ve included more finalized Localization text, please submit any discrepancies or unclear translations to our Localization thread on the forums. Each of our testers’ help during the beta has been phenomenal at helping us improve the game - continue onward!
The scoreboard shows an alpha version of player ping time next to their name.
More localized texts (99% Localized text except for Turkish)
New Character Customization
- Added the Vintage Bowling Shirt (Axl)
- Added the Double Flip Taunt (Axl & T-Bone)
- Added Axl’s Rod (Axl)
Gameplay -- Weapon Balance
- Color blind support for the scoreboard and several HUD widgets.
- Color blind support for the CPR widget.
- Additional tutorials.
- Made tutorial pop-ups more noticeable.
- Re-labeled Practice playlist to improve clarity
- Improvements to cheat detection and security.
- Necklace on the shuffle taunt now animates
- Slight adjustments to Dive Roll for more responsive feel.
- Hide tip of the day if tutorial is active.
- Turret now only heals you if you have taken damage or not fully overhealed.
- You are now able to place turrets closer to enemy turrets.
- Lowered the rate of fire for Pulses.
- Reduced accuracy for Turrets that use Rifles and Pulses.
- Added a slight damage bonus to Corkscrew and Mortar propulsions.
- Slight damage improvement to burst-fire triggers.
- Fixed bug where you would see grenade indicators for grenades that would not damage you.
- Fixed the HUD for salvo triggers so it properly centers around the reticule.
- Added thumbnail for Four Points in Bot playlist.
- All damage taken have location modifiers applied.
- Practice bot now compute fire damage correctly.
- Turrets will now trigger Proximity Mines.
- Fixed a bug causing Turret to attack too fast.
- Fixed bug where outfits weren’t updated before a match.
- Fixed a bug causing the Shield to have a longer recharge rate when holding a healing weapon.
- Human players will have a score of 0 when late joining death snatch matches.
- Friendly vials display as green while enemy vials display as red in Color Blind mode
- Healing the bots in Practice Mode does not give exp points