We're bundling up two major updates to Monaco, scheduled to be released this coming Wednesday (July 3rd). There are still some issues we are trying to work through. Please help us beta test!
On PC, this update includes the Steam Workshop-powered mission editor!
In order to test the Mac beta, you will have to have bought the game via Steam or Humble Bundle. Follow instructions below to set the build to the beta branch.
The PC version contains some updates to the save file format and location. We are doing our best to make sure no one loses progress, and we're hoping you can help us test this update.
So... Please backup your save data first. You can find HighScores.bin (which contains your progress) in c:/program files/steam/userdata/[your user id #]/113020/ You may also have save data located in c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/Monaco/SaveData
Updating to beta branch
Right click on Monaco in your Steam library and click on Properties
Go to the Betas tab
[On Mac, type "gentleman" into the password box]
Change the dropdown box to Beta and click OK.
The game should then update and you can try it out.
(major) Known issues on OSX:
- Does the game carry over your progress? (you can always downgrade back to the non-beta if progress does not import correctly)
- If you are on OSX 10.6.x, does it work? If not, please send along your RFE.log, located in users/[user]/Library/Application Support/Pocketwatch Games/Monaco. You may need to unhide the Library folder, using these instructions: http://www.wikihow.com/Unhide-the-User-Library-Folder-on-a-Mac
- Sound volumes are off (guards are quiet, helicopter is inaudible)
- Rumble does not work with gamepads
- We believe there's a shader issue with 10.6.8 that we are trying to work through. If anyone is available to help out with this issue, please let us know! (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
So... put your Mole hats on and get to digging!