ORION - COMMUNITY UPDATE (OCT 2016)
We have recently conducted a variety of pools and information gathering to learn where the Community is in regards to what they are enjoying, disliking and think of ORION. We do these polls regularly and we appreciate all who interact with and supply feedback. Thank you very much to all of you!
You can view each of these below:
BEST THINGS ABOUT ORION (MOST VOTED):
- 1. Gameplay
- 2. Play Styles (Gear/Skills/Abilities)
- 3. Player Customization
- 4. The Community
- 5. Guardian Variety
WORST THINGS ABOUT ORION (MOST VOTED):
- 1. Weapon Impact/Feel/Recoil/Movement
- 2. Verticality
- 3. Optimization (ATI/AMD)
- 4. Weapon Loadouts
- 5. Game Launch Time
- 7. Input Customization
OTHER VOTES INCLUDED (SINGLE VOTES):
We've also received many fan submissions stating that they believe:
- 1. Steam Achievements
- 2. Ion Conversion Ratio
- 3. Chat System
- 4. Pet Following/Proximity/Blocking
- 5. Third Person Camera Tweaks
- 6. Legendary Aug Functionality (?)
- 7. Gibs/Gore Improvements
- 8. Survival Mode Remake
- 9. PhysX quality options (GPU support)
- 10. Latency/Server improvements
- 11. Remade Support Ability
- 1. The game is TOO ambitious.
- 2. We don't address issues fast enough.
- 3. We add content TOO often.
SO WHAT DO WE DO WITH THIS INFORMATION?
Well, we use it! We read through every post and curate lists based on the most-submitted. If something can coexist with other systems, designs and mechanics either integrated or planned then it is included.
VERSION 1.7 - NOVEMBER 2016
Most of the main dislikes *will* be addressed in the next major update for ORION, Version 1.7
ORION v1.7 is scheduled for release in November 2016 and we will be addressing the following:
- 1. Adding additional weapon loadouts per Guardian.
- 2. Adding ADS (Aim-Down-Sights) functionality for the FPS perspective.
- 3. We are revamping the Weapon Movement & Recoil systems.
- 4. We've improved verticality to older maps and made it a focus on the newer maps.
- 5. We've added small additions to A.I to better compensate for the new verticality.
- 6. We've added game optimizations (auto-spec detection, based on your specific hardware).
- 7. We've added input customization for mechanics including: Blink, Evade, Jump, Crouch.
VERSION 1.8 & OTHER
In addition to polishing and improving those features, we are also going to continue to focus on what the game currently has. Version 1.8 will debut some new content but also focus on further polishing the PvE and PvP modules already within the game. This includes Harvest, Mayhem, Survival and WarGames.
We always monitor fan feedback. Feel free to post comments, suggestions and questions below. We always love hearing what you think!
Version 1.7 will introduce quite a few new things, including a remastered/updated version of the Temple of Osiris region.
Right now this region is Mayhem PvP only but will eventually open up to and feature Social, Exploration and other modules.
This video also showcases early ground work to an updated Weapon Mechanic/Movement/Recoil system.
We also just integrated the second space ship - the Corvette A1:
This is a Support Class ship which features a Power Shield (ability) and much more armor than the Interceptor A1. The increased armor plating comes with the expense of speed which the Interceptor A1 excels at courtesy of the Boost Drive.
ORION is $1 on Steam!