Hi everybody! Good news: 3D-Coat has been updated to V4.8!
Check out the list of key new features and improvements below.
- Possibility to attach Smart Materials to layers! Materials managing becomes even easier.
- Improved Curvature calculation. This is crucial for Smart Materials to be looking even more realistic.
- New Primitives in Retopo room: cylinder, torus, cube, ellipse, spiral, etc. We are getting closer and closer to a low-poly modeling!
- Possibility to change resolution of textures, attached materials will automatically be re-sampled!
- Smart Materials usage history.
- Render scene in Renderman. Yep, you heard it right!
- Proxy Slider. Set your proxy degree with an easy slider movement.
- Baking Scan. Paint baking depth with brush. Now you can define with an ease of a brush stroke how big the depth of scanning will be.
- 4K monitors support. Now UI elements and font size will automatically fit your screen resolution.
- Rotation mode quick switch - around Y or free rotation. See navigation panel.
Need both modes at hand? Now you have the quick swap.
See the full changelog here[3dcoat.com]