Mr. Nope 2012年11月19日 20時44分
General rule about Source mods?
I'm a noob when it comes to modding and I'm interested in trying out mods for source games (skins, textures, models, custom stories, etc). I just want people to confirm what I know.

From what I've seen, any mod is safe with VAC as long as it doesn't have any .exe files, .dll files, or modifies/overwrites core files in the normal directory. Mods that are extracted to the "sourcemods" folder in the steam directory are almost guaranteed to be safe since there's a folder specifically for those mods and it doesn't change anything in VAC protected games. Assuming that the mod isn't actually a disguised hack of course.

Is this correct for the most part?
1-2 / 2 のコメントを表示
< >
Hitman Sparky [MCT] 2012年11月19日 22時45分 
Yes you are correct. VAC anticheat will NOT ban you if you install (skins, maps, materials, ect) . It WILL ban you if you use any internal injected files, external applications (exe's), CheatEngine, or any other 'hacks' that will give you an advantage over another player.
最近の変更はHitman Sparky [MCT]が行いました; 2012年11月19日 22時45分
Mr. Nope 2012年11月20日 10時57分 
Ok then. I'll assume that any mod that isn't a cheat or has false positives will be safe to keep in my steam library then. Thank you.
1-2 / 2 のコメントを表示
< >
ページ毎: 15 30 50
投稿日: 2012年11月19日 20時44分
投稿数: 2