Mr. Nope 19/nov/2012 às 20:44
General rule about Source mods?
I'm a noob when it comes to modding and I'm interested in trying out mods for source games (skins, textures, models, custom stories, etc). I just want people to confirm what I know.

From what I've seen, any mod is safe with VAC as long as it doesn't have any .exe files, .dll files, or modifies/overwrites core files in the normal directory. Mods that are extracted to the "sourcemods" folder in the steam directory are almost guaranteed to be safe since there's a folder specifically for those mods and it doesn't change anything in VAC protected games. Assuming that the mod isn't actually a disguised hack of course.

Is this correct for the most part?
Exibindo comentários 12 de 2
< >
Hitman Sparky [MCT] 19/nov/2012 às 22:45 
Yes you are correct. VAC anticheat will NOT ban you if you install (skins, maps, materials, ect) . It WILL ban you if you use any internal injected files, external applications (exe's), CheatEngine, or any other 'hacks' that will give you an advantage over another player.
Última edição por Hitman Sparky [MCT]; 19/nov/2012 às 22:45
Mr. Nope 20/nov/2012 às 10:57 
Ok then. I'll assume that any mod that isn't a cheat or has false positives will be safe to keep in my steam library then. Thank you.
Exibindo comentários 12 de 2
< >
Por página: 15 30 50
Publicado em: 19/nov/2012 às 20:44