Quqli Apr 2, 2013 @ 8:01am
ban for nothing
I have got banned in call of duty mw3 because someone gave me godmode without my agree.
I am very angry becasue i never used any cheat but i get banned.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Valeriaan Apr 2, 2013 @ 8:12am 
You do not get banned for joining a hacked or modded lobby, or for being given godmode in one of those lobbies.

VAC checks the computer you're logged into steam with and are playing the game on for known cheats and/or modified game files. Those are the only things that can trigger a VAC-ban.

In other words, the only way to receive a VAC-ban is by having either known cheats (programs, scripts etc.) and/or modified game files on your PC (or the PC of anyone else who logged into your account).

The people on this forum can't do anything about this - if you want to contest the ban, you need to contact steam support.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7849-RADZ-6869
Last edited by Valeriaan; Apr 2, 2013 @ 8:13am
Swiss Cheeze Apr 2, 2013 @ 10:37am 
Yo had to install the mod files so yes you will get banned
Tito Christmas Apr 2, 2013 @ 11:17am 
VAC Anti Cheat Information Thread
Valve Anti Cheat System.
I've Been Banned.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 & 3

VAC is enabled on all multiplayer servers, public and private. ANY modifications to the game other than editing config files can result in a VAC ban. Examples of such modifications include but are not limited to console enablers, VAC disablers, and server hosting mods.

Important:

All VAC bans are permanent - Valve has a zero-tolerance policy for cheating and will not lift VAC bans under any circumstances.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 2, 2013 @ 8:01am