even_aleksander Mar 31, 2013 @ 6:20pm
VAC and Counter-strike, (I'm a beginner)
Can anyone tell me what exactly these cheats are? How can I be sure I don't have cheats installed or activated? I really don't want to be a cheater.

Would I knowingly have installed a cheat, or could maybe a cheat be installed on my MAC from a previous version being installed in the cs-pre-mac days without me knowing?

My point is, I have never installed a cheat on my MAC.. But then again, I don't know what they are, som I'm really unsure about all this..
Last edited by even_aleksander; Mar 31, 2013 @ 6:22pm
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Miki Zagrenstedt(currently away) Mar 31, 2013 @ 11:23pm 
Cheats are programs that modify not only your own game, but others also. What i wanna say with this, is, for example, an Aimbot: an Aimbot is a cheater program which installs an auto-aimer in your game, meaning that you can kill every enemy around you without even needing to try to aim yourself; the aimbot is all doing it for you. If you use a kinda this hack, then everything goes on so fast, you're aiming everywhere, shooting everyone, and you don't even know what's going on. Or another hack: the Wallhack. The Wallhack allows you to look through walls, meaning you can make yourself ready for the enemy, instead of someone instantly jumping outta the corner and shoot you in the face. Aimbot + Wallhack = Good combination. A speedhack makes you running/walking faster in-game, meaning you can catch someone up/run away faster. This hack is practically nothing big, it only boosts your speed up.
There are also collections of hacks, examples are: Sethhack and Faphack. A sethhack is nothing than a combination of aimbot(a slow one), Wallhack, Speedhack Gun Laser hack etc.. The Faphack is the same, badly i don't know more information about them, as i don't really expirience many hacks/hackers. But attention! Most of the hacks people offer you to download, are viruses. Also, if you try to download a hack, and when it's made out of lua, then it's not bannable. But if you put multiple .dll files in your cfg folder, then it's bannable, i just heard. This is what hacks should be, hope this helped. This is what VAC is here for, to prevent those players from using all these hacks. Mostly, a VAC permabans hackers, so be careful.
even_aleksander Apr 1, 2013 @ 11:18am 
Thank you, I feel this makes it clearer for me! As I have never downloaded anything from anyone, and not installed anything, I'm in the clear!

I'm always last in my games, the lowest score, highest deaths and latency, so clearly I'm no cheater:)
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 31, 2013 @ 6:20pm