This topic has been locked
Rogue Jan 15, 2014 @ 2:26pm
VAC Ban Paid Item Selling/Trading Restriction is Illegal
Alright, so I don't mind being banned, (I was trying out radar hacks, I've never hacked before), but banning me and banning all of my paid items? That's illegal in Canada. I paid good money for the 11 Dreamhack cases I have when they were released back in November and Steam has no right to take them away, they are not a part of CS:GO when you buy it, nor does it require me to sign anywhere saying that all of my items including paid items will be pretty much destroyed. SO Steam, I hope you know that if I don't get back every item that I've paid for, especially since you said that paid items remain, then you're in for a class action lawsuit from a lot of people. Not to mention the bad publicity and losing at least one more customer. Thanks for your time.
Last edited by Rogue; Jan 15, 2014 @ 2:26pm
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Satoru Jan 15, 2014 @ 2:55pm 
Originally posted by Rogue:
Alright, so I don't mind being banned, (I was trying out radar hacks, I've never hacked before), but banning me and banning all of my paid items? That's illegal in Canada.

Note you don't lose your paid items. You can't trade them. That's it.

I paid good money for the 11 Dreamhack cases I have when they were released back in November and Steam has no right to take them away,

And again anything you purchased directly from the store is not removed. Ifyou TRADED for them then they are obliterated. This is 100% legal for violations of the SSA.

they are not a part of CS:GO when you buy it, nor does it require me to sign anywhere saying that all of my items including paid items will be pretty much destroyed.

The SSA says otherwise. Especially since you have zero ownership of siad 'items'.

You understand and acknowledge that Valve may decide to cease operation of any Subscription Marketplace, change the fees that it charges or change the terms or features of the Steam Subscription Marketplace. Valve shall have no liability to you because of any inability to trade Subscriptions in the Steam Trading Marketplace, including because of discontinuation or changes in the terms, features or eligibility requirements of any Subscription Marketplace.

You also understand and acknowledge that Subscriptions traded, sold or purchased in any Subscription Marketplace are license rights, that you have no ownership interest in such Subscriptions, and that Valve does not recognize any transfers of Subscriptions (including transfers by operation of law) that are made outside of Steam.

SO Steam, I hope you know that if I don't get back every item that I've paid for, especially since you said that paid items remain, then you're in for a class action lawsuit from a lot of people. Not to mention the bad publicity and losing at least one more customer. Thanks for your time.

Note you HAVE all your items, you just can't trade them.

Bad publicity from a whining admitted cheater? yeah right.
Last edited by Satoru; Jan 15, 2014 @ 2:58pm
Rogue Jan 15, 2014 @ 3:02pm 
Okay, so I lose $100+ of Dreamhack cases now just because I can't trade them? Such BS. I was only cheating because these d0uches were ruining the game for me after a sale and I kept getting demoted (they were aim botting). This is my main account and I've never cheated before. Such bs, and a huge waste of money on my part.
Last edited by Rogue; Jan 15, 2014 @ 3:02pm
Facedown Jan 15, 2014 @ 3:06pm 
Such BS that you cheated, and a little dumb that after the fact you are complaining about the punishment.
Perrywinkle Jan 15, 2014 @ 3:12pm 
at least you have fun destroying all those d0uches,if you already know the risk of cheats (for an experienced player like you is very sure)then why use it? allways value the pros and contras, in this case you win nothing in exchange for cheating and you loose a good amount of money and now wait the new treatment of the comunity,im really hope the cheats whort it.
Anyway luck with that
See you!!!!!!!
..:ambition:
:siegrune:
Rogue Jan 15, 2014 @ 3:17pm 
Nah, I quit Steam. It's a waste of time and money. Peace.
Pheace Jan 15, 2014 @ 3:20pm 
It is if you throw it away like that. Peace
Perrywinkle Jan 15, 2014 @ 3:25pm 
Nah, I quit Steam. It's a waste of time and money. Peace.
Waste of time,sure
Waste of money, I dont think so,look maybe im not have a tons of expensive items, because im preferer buy games instead and have a ton of fun in exchange, affter all the games is abut that, fun
See you!!!!!!
..:ambition:
:siegrune:
Rogue Jan 15, 2014 @ 3:25pm 
No, honestly, I accept that they'll ban me even if it's to get back at people, but the severity of the punishment is just extremely stupid and unessessary. This is why people pirate, you pirate-it's free. You pay on here, and not only is the experience terrible with all of these hackers and broken ELO systems and such, but on top of that, if normal players do one wrong thing and Steam ruins everything. IMO it's a total rip off. They can't stop actuall hackers who are ruining games for people but they'll ban people who are actually good. Maybe you all have money to spend, but I've been on my own since 16 and only recently turned 18, and I have rent and ♥♥♥♥ to pay so stuff like the Dreamhack cases were investments (sell em later for a higher price) that Valve basically robbed off of me. So screw it I'm done. And for the guy who said that he's sure that I got to destroy he d0uches-a radar hack can't do ♥♥♥♥ so no I didn't.
Last edited by Rogue; Jan 15, 2014 @ 3:26pm
Satoru Jan 15, 2014 @ 3:26pm 
Okay, so I lose $100+ of Dreamhack cases now just because I can't trade them?

HOw did you lose anything. They're just not tradeable. You can use them as you want within YOUR cheating account.

Such BS. I was only cheating because these d0uches were ruining the game for me after a sale and I kept getting demoted (they were aim botting).

Try that excuse after you rob a bank and see how far that goes.

This is my main account and I've never cheated before. Such bs, and a huge waste of money on my part.

You're right! You cheated and now you're being punished. Is that some kind of weird concept you can't understand?
Satoru Jan 15, 2014 @ 3:27pm 
Oh the piracy excuse now? Seriously you're giving Canada a bad name. Stop talking. Unless you love the taste of athelete's foot and toe nail fungus in your mouth that much.
Last edited by Satoru; Jan 15, 2014 @ 3:27pm
Rogue Jan 15, 2014 @ 3:27pm 
Originally posted by Satoru:
Okay, so I lose $100+ of Dreamhack cases now just because I can't trade them?

HOw did you lose anything. They're just not tradeable. You can use them as you want within YOUR cheating account.

Such BS. I was only cheating because these d0uches were ruining the game for me after a sale and I kept getting demoted (they were aim botting).

Try that excuse after you rob a bank and see how far that goes.

This is my main account and I've never cheated before. Such bs, and a huge waste of money on my part.

You're right! You cheated and now you're being punished. Is that some kind of weird concept you can't understand?
Rob a bank. You don't seem to understand that the cases worth money are actual goods, cheating isn't. I didn't rob ♥♥♥♥. Totally different concept. Do you not rob anything in GTA V because in real life it'd get you killed? Of course not!
Rogue Jan 15, 2014 @ 3:29pm 
Honestly, I don't even care anymore. I know and have seen from even before how badly you all treat people who get banned without even knwoing anything and idc. I'm out, peace. I'll just sell this account or some ♥♥♥♥. Bye BYe.
Oh the piracy excuse now? Seriously you're giving Canada a bad name. Stop talking. Unless you love the taste of athelete's foot and toe nail fungus in your mouth that much.
Satoru Jan 15, 2014 @ 3:45pm 
Honestly, I don't even care anymore. I know and have seen from even before how badly you all treat people who get banned without even knwoing anything and idc. I'm out, peace. I'll just sell this account or some ♥♥♥♥. Bye BYe.

What do I need to know

1) You admitted to cheating
2) You're now whining about the consequences

If you expect anyone to feel sorry for you cheating, you're on the wrong planet. Actions have consequences. Whining about them doesn't make those consequences less valid, or your whining less idiotic.

Btw looking forward to that class action lawsuit. That'll be amusing as hell. Cheater wants items back, launches class action suit. IT's almost something Kotaku would run on April Fools.
Last edited by Satoru; Jan 15, 2014 @ 3:47pm
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jan 15, 2014 @ 2:26pm