Steven Jan 5 @ 2:05am
Ban By CS:S VAC for hacking when i wasn't!!!!
So i was playing CS:S one night happy as go to bed then wake u the next day and im ♥♥♥♥ING BAN FOR HACKING WTF i did not hack what so ever please help what do i do and can it be lifed????
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Laptop65 Jan 5 @ 2:11am 
If you think your ban is a mistake then you need to contact Steam Support - https://support.steampowered.com/

Note that cheats for other games can get you banned in CS:S also. If someone else logged into your account and cheated there too then the ban will still stay.
Steven Jan 5 @ 4:06am 
When you say logged into my account do you mean a friend or hacked?
Laptop65 Jan 5 @ 4:15am 
Both.
Zezima - 超级白 Jan 5 @ 5:21am 
VAC bans will never be lifted, even if your account is hijacked.

Also, it is against the SSA to share accounts with anyone (including your friends) and by doing so, this will lead to steam account permanently disabled, which is even more worse than VAC bans.

Account security is your own responsibility.
Last edited by Zezima - 超级白; Jan 5 @ 5:22am
Steven Jan 5 @ 8:13am 
Oh yeah i was reading up on some other complaents about this and people have said that there account has been hacked or VAC just becuse a normal peace of ♥♥♥♥
Steven Jan 5 @ 8:15am 
So i wounder if my Account has been hacked
Astori Heichalot Jan 5 @ 10:00am 
Originally posted by Unkowen:
I find it weird when one does not enable SteamGuard
Steven Jan 5 @ 4:40pm 
I think its enabled
I am a mute! Jan 5 @ 4:57pm 
Originally posted by Unkowen:

Still not sure? Go through this checklist:

• Did you install any form of cheat engine / programs even if you do not use it?
  • Did you modify any of the game files?
  • Did you share your account with anyone else, including friends, siblings etc.?
  • Did you download any form of third-party mods / skins / programs related to the game?
  • Did you log in your steam account on someone else's computer or public computer?
  • Did your account just got hijacked recently?
  • Did you visit any form of malicious websites related to the game?

If your answer is "Yes" to any of the above, then that is the reason why you got VAC banned.

VAC does not ban based on reports. VAC has detected a known cheat / game modifications on your operating system, and thus causing your account to get VAC banned.

You used a "legitimating-looking" mod /skins / programs, but actually a cheat is hidden in those programs. Cheats may be hidden inside otherwise legitimate mod or skin downloads that are created to maliciously get innocent people banned.

Steam support will not lift VAC bans even if your account is hijacked and it is against the SSA to share accounts with anyone. Your friend could be using cheats on your account, causing your account to be VAC banned. Account security is your responsibility.

By log in onto your steam account onto someone else's computer or a public computer, you are risking your account to get VAC banned as the computer might have cheats installed.

VAC bans are intentionally delayed in order to disrupt the development process of cheats. A ban imposed today may have been the result of a cheat detected by VAC two weeks previously.

VALVE has all the evidence of the cheats that VAC banned players used. However, VALVE will not disclose the evidence to anyone, even to the offending players as to deny cheat developers information about the VAC system. Those information are strictly TOP SECRET!

Steven Jan 5 @ 6:47pm 
Umm i tryed to find the weapion files to put a skin on the weapion but no luck so im not sure but that happaned like 3 months ago
I am a mute! Jan 5 @ 7:13pm 
If you did mod the game files, (even weapons skins), that weapon skin might have cheat signatures hidden there.

For the safest side, don't even mod the game lol. Play it on the fresh copy of the game :)

Also. bans are delayed. Can be in weeks or months.
Last edited by I am a mute!; Jan 5 @ 7:13pm
Steven Jan 5 @ 7:27pm 
Ok then now that i think of it i downloaded a tool to play games with a PS3 controller and i was trying mod it with counter strike but gave up
I am a mute! Jan 5 @ 7:35pm 
Lessons learnt from here.

Never download any form of third-party software related to the game :)
Or worst still, trying to modify the game files :)

Always keep your PC clean :D
Last edited by I am a mute!; Jan 5 @ 7:35pm
Steven Jan 5 @ 7:39pm 
Wasn't related to the game i was trying to make it xD
sMk record Jan 6 @ 3:36am 
VAC ban is permanent
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 5 @ 2:05am