This topic has been locked
Hahahaha Dec 26, 2014 @ 10:47pm
VACation?
I was family sharing my CSGO to a friend, since he does not have it, and I thought all would be good. Let alone, I go back on my pc 10 minutes later, and look at this! A vac ban on his account, and mine. I didn't know the little ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ scrub would hack, or even get me banned if anything happened to his account. So here I am VAC Banned after I spent over 500 dollars on skins and knives, and can do nothing with them. SO, I am here to see if contacting steam support, can either get the items to my friends account to hold, or just an unban if possible. What do you guys think? Could steam maybe do this? I saw that bans can not be lifted, and im quite sad right now. Wasting my christmas money, and my friend getting banned, made me get banned... :/ Thanks, and would not like any mean revolting comments against this. I'm already not in a good mood.

:8bitheart:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
C²C^Guyver |NZB| Dec 26, 2014 @ 10:50pm 
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7849-Radz-6869

"Important:
All VAC bans are permanent - Valve has a zero-tolerance policy for cheating and will not lift VAC bans under any circumstances."
Hahahaha Dec 26, 2014 @ 10:51pm 
Originally posted by C²C^Guyver |NZB|:

"Important:
All VAC bans are permanent - Valve has a zero-tolerance policy for cheating and will not lift VAC bans under any circumstances."

I understand. But, was wondering if by ANY chance, they will see the false ban and understand.
C²C^Guyver |NZB| Dec 26, 2014 @ 10:52pm 
Originally posted by KaKKir:

"Important:

I understand. But, was wondering if by ANY chance, they will see the false ban and understand.
It was not a false ban..you even said he cheated. lol
Hahahaha Dec 26, 2014 @ 10:53pm 

HE cheated. I shared the game to him, so he could play. No idea he would cheat. And it affected may account as well as his.
C²C^Guyver |NZB| Dec 26, 2014 @ 10:55pm 

HE cheated. I shared the game to him, so he could play. No idea he would cheat. And it affected may account as well as his.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3784-QLBM-5731

Will I be punished for any cheating or fraud conducted by other users while playing my games?

Your Family Sharing privileges may be revoked and your account may also be VAC banned if your library is used by others to conduct cheating or fraud. In addition, VAC-banned games cannot be shared. We recommend you only authorize familiar Steam Accounts and familiar computers you know to be secure. And as always, never give your password to anyone.
Note: If you are VAC banned, you will be unable to share any VAC protected games.
Hahahaha Dec 26, 2014 @ 10:57pm 

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3784-QLBM-5731

Will I be punished for any cheating or fraud conducted by other users while playing my games?

Your Family Sharing privileges may be revoked and your account may also be VAC banned if your library is used by others to conduct cheating or fraud. In addition, VAC-banned games cannot be shared. We recommend you only authorize familiar Steam Accounts and familiar computers you know to be secure. And as always, never give your password to anyone.
Note: If you are VAC banned, you will be unable to share any VAC protected games.

Ahh. Alright man, thanks. I joined steam not to long ago, maybe a couple months. Didn't read all the things and notes needed. :/
Hahahaha Dec 26, 2014 @ 11:01pm 
Originally posted by The French Connection:
Anyway even story of the "friend" is true, you're still a lame SAM user...
Edit : Wow RIP inv :repoop:

Not sure what SAM user means. Also, it is true. Contacted steam support to try to get help . :P Might as well try.
C²C^Guyver |NZB| Dec 26, 2014 @ 11:02pm 
Hmmm..I must be slipping. I missed that.

EDIT:
lol..You know exactly what SAM is...and support won't lift VAC bans.
Last edited by C²C^Guyver |NZB|; Dec 26, 2014 @ 11:04pm
spoof Dec 26, 2014 @ 11:04pm 
a VAC ban in 10 minutes , right you are new to steam.
Hahahaha Dec 26, 2014 @ 11:04pm 

Sorry, now I understand. Steam Achievement Manager. I used it to find out what the achievements are and such, yes. I admit to it. But, not like it gave me anything besides a couple medals in game i cant show off.
Hahahaha Dec 26, 2014 @ 11:04pm 
Originally posted by spoof:
a VAC ban in 10 minutes , right you are new to steam.

I joined over 6 months ago, people have been on here for years. :)
spoof Dec 26, 2014 @ 11:05pm 
VAC does not do bans in 10 minutes.
C²C^Guyver |NZB| Dec 26, 2014 @ 11:06pm 

Sorry, now I understand. Steam Achievement Manager. I used it to find out what the achievements are and such, yes. I admit to it. But, not like it gave me anything besides a couple medals in game i cant show off.

SAM on a VAC secured server = VAC ban
Hahahaha Dec 26, 2014 @ 11:07pm 
Originally posted by spoof:
VAC does not do bans in 10 minutes.

He said he was playing a game, and he was banned. THEN later, he told me he had cheated.
spoof Dec 26, 2014 @ 11:07pm 
VAC does not work that way.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Dec 26, 2014 @ 10:47pm