Kastet Dec 23, 2014 @ 6:44pm
Spyware/ Unauthorized use of account caused VAC trigger. Help to find solution.
Last edited by Kastet; Jan 12, 2018 @ 7:28pm
Originally posted by C²C^Guyver |NZB|:
Even if someone used your account and cheated, the security of your account is your responibilty.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7849-Radz-6869

"Important:
All VAC bans are permanent - Valve has a zero-tolerance policy for cheating and will not lift VAC bans under any circumstances."

< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
RockStar Dec 23, 2014 @ 7:23pm 
Looks like SAM was used.
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
C²C^Guyver |NZB| Dec 23, 2014 @ 7:53pm 
Even if someone used your account and cheated, the security of your account is your responibilty.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7849-Radz-6869

"Important:
All VAC bans are permanent - Valve has a zero-tolerance policy for cheating and will not lift VAC bans under any circumstances."

Last edited by C²C^Guyver |NZB|; Dec 23, 2014 @ 7:55pm
C²C^Guyver |NZB| Dec 23, 2014 @ 8:39pm 
Originally posted by Kastet:
I was on the idle server for entire night, for about 8-10 hours, what ever has been happening to my computer might have triggered the VAC security, it is all that I am saying.
VAC bans are for cheating, period. You may want to actually read the info in the link I posted.
C²C^Guyver |NZB| Dec 23, 2014 @ 8:42pm 
Valve has all the digital info they need, you already have the VAC ban. It cannot be removed..ever. READ the info.
C²C^Guyver |NZB| Dec 23, 2014 @ 8:57pm 
You are reponsible for your account. How many times does this need to be said? Valve will not tell what triggered it, because a cheat triggered it. That's why Steam Support won't answer you. That's all VAC does is detect cheats. You cheated, or someone using your PC cheated. VAC bans are delayed, you could've cheated six months ago and were banned today.
Last edited by C²C^Guyver |NZB|; Dec 23, 2014 @ 8:57pm
ChaosBahamut Dec 23, 2014 @ 9:02pm 
If the system is perfect and flawless, why would they need to do monthly updates?

No one is saying it's perfect and flawless. In this case however, it did EXACTLY what it was supposed to do. Someone using your account cheated (whether or not it was you is irrelavent) and VAC detected it and banned the account accordingly. Case closed.
Last edited by ChaosBahamut; Dec 23, 2014 @ 9:02pm
C²C^Guyver |NZB| Dec 23, 2014 @ 9:03pm 
You can ask Support to confim the ban. However, if they confirm the ban as correct..they will not discuss the matter anymore. False positive VAC bans are VERY rare.
Last edited by C²C^Guyver |NZB|; Dec 23, 2014 @ 9:04pm
C²C^Guyver |NZB| Dec 23, 2014 @ 9:07pm 
There are a lot of other virtual plaftorms that sell and provide games, and all of them have some sort of protection, just like Valve, but if there is an issue, or someone has an issue or problem, they are willing to reach out and provide help.
Valse does too..like I said you can ask them to confirm it. Read my post.
C²C^Guyver |NZB| Dec 23, 2014 @ 9:09pm 
You know how to get in touch with them...you already have.
C²C^Guyver |NZB| Dec 23, 2014 @ 9:12pm 
Well what if I don't trust their detection bot, is there any actual way to contact them?
Nope....and if you don't trust VAC, stop playing VAC enabled games.
C²C^Guyver |NZB| Dec 23, 2014 @ 9:22pm 
What kind of organization is that, that doesn't even provide human support? Is VALVE just run by one person? I don't think so, I know that they are understaffed, upon going to other forums I noticed that people complained about staff being rude and threatening, but all have actually had contact with live staff members.
So what am I suppose to do now, how can I defend myself? Take them to court, open up a case against Steam/ VALVE? Start a pettition?

Yeah, good luck with that lawsuilt. You broke the Steam ToS by cheating.
C²C^Guyver |NZB| Dec 23, 2014 @ 9:44pm 
It is possible that you have no options...other than buying the game again on a new account. They will never tell you what happened, other than cheats were running on your PC. They will not tell what cheats were found, either. Go back to page one..and read post #2. Permanent means permanent.

If you do buy it again, you better make sure you don't have any cheats on your PC. VAC WILL detect them again...and ban the new account.
C²C^Guyver |NZB| Dec 23, 2014 @ 9:56pm 
The VAC ban on your profile proves a lot ...and every single person that gets VAC banned, says they don't or didn't cheat.

....and the easy thing would've been not cheating, because you, or someone with access to your account did.
๊ ๊ ๊ Dec 24, 2014 @ 2:33am 
Yeah all of these are true, VAC detects known cheats from a cheat database with cheat signatures. VAC doesnt care if you use a TF2 cheat in CS:GO even if you cant use it, it will ban you. So the "virus" that you had probably faked a cheat signature so it got you vac banned from cs:go (A vac secured game). This is sad and unfair, because you cant do anything for the ban to get removed according to the steam policy.

Originally posted by C²C^Guyver |NZB|:
You are reponsible for your account. How many times does this need to be said? Valve will not tell what triggered it, because a cheat triggered it. That's why Steam Support won't answer you. That's all VAC does is detect cheats. You cheated, or someone using your PC cheated. VAC bans are delayed, you could've cheated six months ago and were banned today.
Also maximum delay about VAC bans is 2 months defintly not 6 months.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Dec 23, 2014 @ 6:44pm