This topic has been locked
nAMELESS Mar 5, 2015 @ 9:28am
VAC Banned for recording?
Well, i got VAC Banned, now i can't play Gold Source games, but know what, i was recording Counter Strike, then i stopped and bla bla bla, today i openned my computer and opened Steam, and boom, VAC BANNED.
(I got Cheat Engine, but i NEVER used it on Steam games, NEVER)
Someone tell me how could this happen, im not crying :C
Last edited by nAMELESS; Mar 5, 2015 @ 9:37am
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Donitsi Mar 5, 2015 @ 9:50am 
How could anybody dare record their gameplay or do videos on Youtube if they would get VAC ban for it?

If you've got cheat engine that would explain everything.
Do you...

• "accidentally" kept open and running CheatEngine?
• use strange and unknown programs to record your games?
• let someone else, with or without your consent or knowledge, use your account? (Family Library Sharing included.)
• use your account on unsecured machines?
• just cheated?

nAMELESS Mar 5, 2015 @ 9:53am 
ohhh, man i think Family Library u.u, but i never used CheatEngine on Steam, and i never open it under Steam, thats not good.

But i don't want to buy my games again, they were for Christmas and my parents worked hard to buy them.

EDIT: I used Bandicam
Last edited by nAMELESS; Mar 5, 2015 @ 9:56am
Theblaze Mar 5, 2015 @ 9:59am 
Originally posted by ~TheErwin:
ohhh, man i think Family Library u.u, but i never used CheatEngine on Steam, and i never open it under Steam, thats not good.

Well if it's the case that you shared a VAC secured game to someone and he/she used a Cheat or Hack with your copy of the game, both of you get a VAC ban.

In this case, your VAC ban is permanent and will not be lifted under any cicrumstances.

Useful Links
Family Library Sharing User Guide
nAMELESS Mar 5, 2015 @ 10:00am 
Well, many thanks to all :C.
Originally posted by ~TheErwin:
But i don't want to buy my games again, they were for Christmas and my parents worked hard to buy them.

Tough luck then, the account won't be unbanned.

You don't need to purchase anything again anyway, you simply cannot play on VAC secured server with those games you're banned on - however your games are still yours.

If you want to play again on VAC secured servers with those, you'll have to make a new account and repurchase them there.
nAMELESS Mar 5, 2015 @ 10:01am 
Too bad that i can't trade games... At least i got Left 4 Dead 2 c:
#real_bAAAm Mar 5, 2015 @ 3:14pm 
thanks VAC
Device Mar 6, 2015 @ 6:57am 
Too bad for u :/
skog Mar 6, 2015 @ 11:48am 
If you truly belive that it was a false ban then go here https://support.steampowered.com/ and make a support ticket
spatula Mar 6, 2015 @ 6:18pm 
but why do you have a cheat engine?
«pigrond» Mar 7, 2015 @ 7:00am 
many folks use cheat engine on games like borderlands 2 and so on.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Mar 5, 2015 @ 9:28am