atrophis Feb 26, 2015 @ 11:14am
VAC ban on profile
Does anyone know why the game for which someone was VAC banned is not listed on that persons profile page? I can't think of any reason why it would not be listed.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Theblaze Feb 26, 2015 @ 11:18am 
He/She is probably using family sharing through another Steam Account thats why it's not listed in his/her owned Games List but in recent played Game List.
Last edited by Theblaze; Feb 26, 2015 @ 11:19am
Profile Feb 26, 2015 @ 11:21am 
Only games they have specifically activated on the account are listed on the profile "All Games" page.

It's possible to be VAC Banned in games during free weekends or when family library sharing.
Last edited by Profile; Feb 26, 2015 @ 11:23am
atrophis Feb 27, 2015 @ 1:05pm 
I'm sorry I was unclear. I mean, when I view someone else's profile, I can see they have a VAC ban, but not for which game.
Originally posted by atrophis:
I'm sorry I was unclear. I mean, when I view someone else's profile, I can see they have a VAC ban, but not for which game.

There's no need for you to know which games they are vac banned from. All you need to know is that they have been banned in a game and the length of time since their last ban.
Profile Feb 27, 2015 @ 2:34pm 
It's not always possible since if, for example, a ban was associated with HL2.exe it could have been be for a number of Source games.
-

I actually answered this originally in my first post, but then I thought I'd misunderstood the question after seeing other responses and edited it :)
Last edited by Profile; Feb 27, 2015 @ 2:35pm
Pyr0 Feb 27, 2015 @ 4:13pm 
I always wondered why (or if) people don't make a free steam account and just hack the ♥♥♥♥ out of the free games and trials given away. But do it on your main account and get flagged for vac? lol no thanks.
Profile Feb 28, 2015 @ 5:13am 
Originally posted by Pyr0:
I always wondered why (or if) people don't make a free steam account and just hack the ♥♥♥♥ out of the free games and trials given away.

They do.

However, these games are flooded with the most public cheats since they are free to play games with no cost requirement and this encourages those more likely to cheat opportunistically. *

However, the actual "satisfaction" for the cheat is also greatly depreciated considering the bans are usually much swifter* and, being free to play games, honest players dissatisffied with cheating behaviour are at greater liberty to quit and/or find a more suitable server to play on.
Also cheating in such games does not provide much real 'advantage', since there is ften a Pay2Win model involving microtransactions in-game purchases etc. whereby all cheaters are achieving is a faster route to discovering they need to pay to progress.

*The most publically available, prolific cheats around can be VAC-banned very quickly however, since there is little to no updating norparticular incentive for the cheat developers to even bother (these are typically freely available cheats) so no real advantage in any delayed ban.

_

The proliferations and abuse of the cheat potentials in these games, (Take TF2 for example) is a very useful tool, since whilst cheat developers can register accoutns to test parts of their cheat attempts, Valve are also able to amass data and habits of those cheats in order to spot trends and directions and capabilities in the cheat development processes thereby being more prepared for the 'developed' cheat once it has been "perfected" and "released"
Zetikla Feb 28, 2015 @ 5:43am 
im not sure why shall it matter to you the game where they got the ban
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Feb 26, 2015 @ 11:14am