Kingdjyx May 4 @ 2:09pm
Justified Unjustified ban
So, yesterday I obtained Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 from a buddy of mine as a gift. We both had known of hacking (and that it is wrong to do) so we decided to do it in the comfort of a private match so that we would not be disturbing to other players in the community. We had played a few rounds of a modded gamemode known as "Roll the Dice v2" just us two in a private match. Never did I intend on disrupting gameplay for others, so when I played publically no cheats/hacks were on or any unfair advantages versus others.

So my questions are as follows:
Is there any way that this VAC ban can be undone, as it was only affecting me and one other person?
If not, is there anyone who can explain how I actually got banned for only playing with a friend of mine?

Thanks a ton,
Kingdjyx/Jester
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Scream May 4 @ 2:15pm 
All VAC bans are permanent - Valve has a zero-tolerance policy for cheating and will not lift VAC bans under any circumstances.
In Modern Warfare 2, VAC is enabled on all multiplayer servers, public and private. Any modifications to the game other than editing config files can result in a VAC ban. Examples of such modifications include but are not limited to console enablers, VAC disablers, and server hosting mods.
Kingdjyx May 4 @ 2:16pm 
Also, I know my appeal won't go that far because it tends that they get shut down without comment. However, I felt that honesty was in my best interest and don't mind if the appeal won't go far seeing as I already confessed to being wrong.
Kingdjyx May 4 @ 2:17pm 
Ah, makes sense. I can understand that seeing as I know how it feels to gave hackers against me. Thanks for the reply. At least I understood where I went wrong. Thanks.
^1Game^8Shark May 4 @ 9:18pm 
Originally posted by |«ScReaM»|:
Examples of such modifications include but are not limited to console enablers, VAC disablers, and server hosting mods.
If someone has a VAC disabler, that means VAC cannot and will NOT detect it.
Satoru May 4 @ 9:44pm 
Originally posted by Gameshark:

Haha that's what all those websites 'claim'.
Nya` May 4 @ 11:24pm 
Originally posted by |«ScReaM»|:
Examples of such modifications include but are not limited to console enablers, VAC disablers, and server hosting mods.
Except the fact that the client detection knows you're playing in a VAC secured server and not connected to VAC, you will get your whole account banned doing that.
^1Game^8Shark May 5 @ 8:48pm 
Originally posted by Satoru:

You sure? lol I used to have hacks from - and got ballzy with them by teling everybody in every match to report me if they wanted to. I went by the name "Unbannable" because i had a VAC disabler for 3 MONTHS. Sadly my subscription for the hacks ran out and i couldnt use them anymore lol. After i got tired of the name Unbannable, i went with "Gameshark". :) People still think i hack lol, its ok, i play with a Razer Deathstalker and Razer Taipan, i can understand why people say i hack =p
THe only things im perma banned from are the Call of Duty FORUMS lmao!!!
Last edited by Spawn of Totoro; May 6 @ 11:17am
Ineffable Anathema May 5 @ 8:58pm 
Originally posted by Satoru:

You sure? lol I used to have hacks from - and got ballzy with them by teling everybody in every match to report me if they wanted to. I went by the name "Unbannable" because i had a VAC disabler for 3 MONTHS. Sadly my subscription for the hacks ran out and i couldnt use them anymore lol. After i got tired of the name Unbannable, i went with "Gameshark". :) People still think i hack lol, its ok, i play with a Razer Deathstalker and Razer Taipan, i can understand why people say i hack =p

Anyone could easily lie about this.
Astori Heichalot May 5 @ 9:16pm 
Originally posted by I AM SHODAN!:

Anyone could easily lie about this.
well he is free to play cat&mouse with VAC and moderators

the problem here is that he listed a cheating website, which moderator should be gladly forumbanning him
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: May 4 @ 2:09pm