Jesus Christ Apr 24 @ 4:40pm
Random VAC Ban
I got randomly VAC Banned when I was playing a Garrys Mod game, Stop It Slender; I was afk during the entire time I was on the server, and when I returned, it told me I was VAC Banned.
I don't cheat. Cheating is for people who like to ruin games. I only wanted to play Stop it Slender with my friends and now I can't play a game I paid for and never had any intention of messing with. I like Garry's Mod and not being VAC Banned, Is there anyone that can help me?
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
TirithRR Apr 24 @ 4:41pm 
VAC Bans are time delayed. What you got banned for could have been weeks ago.
http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/9/882959527688934488/

Read that thread, follow the instructions if you think it's a mistake. But it rarely is.

Edit:
It says you have 1 VAC ban, and it was 202 days ago...
Last edited by TirithRR; Apr 24 @ 4:42pm
Suldok Apr 24 @ 4:42pm 
Kind of a bit late to create a thread about it now, huh?

Yes, cheating is for people who like to ruin games, and it seems like you were one of these people.
Astartes Apr 24 @ 4:59pm 
You don't get VAC banned for being AFK...
Mister Bubbles Apr 24 @ 5:28pm 
Originally posted by Noodle:
I got randomly VAC Banned when I was playing a Garrys Mod game, Stop It Slender; I was afk during the entire time I was on the server, and when I returned, it told me I was VAC Banned.

1) VAC does not ban randomly
2) VAC ban enforcement is delayed from the time of actual detection flagging to the ban becoming effective and recorded on public profile.
3) It's possible some other form of modification to core files/dlls has resulted in the ban, even if you did not intend to cheat, that the modification was present is enough to warrant a ban as per the agreement you made with Valve, activity related to the account you are subscribing to is your responsibility.
Is there anyone that can help me?
Not here. You may attempt to contact Steam Support if you are positive you have not violated the contractual agreement in any way.
Jesus Christ Apr 25 @ 9:53am 
I didn't tamper with my garry's mod at all, if it was from a server can't I delete it?
Last edited by Jesus Christ; Apr 25 @ 9:53am
Jesus Christ Apr 25 @ 9:54am 
Originally posted by Suldok:

Yes, cheating is for people who like to ruin games, and it seems like you were one of these people.

I have never tampered with my garry's mod.
Ineffable Anathema Apr 25 @ 10:07am 
Originally posted by Suldok:

Not recently it seems.

How is it that you somehow did not notice this ban for 6+ months?
Last edited by Ineffable Anathema; Apr 25 @ 10:08am
Jesus Christ May 2 @ 1:56pm 
Originally posted by I AM SHODAN!:

Not recently it seems.

How is it that you somehow did not notice this ban for 6+ months?

I have played gmod and such untill the day I posted this, It bewilders me too.
the Portaller May 3 @ 7:18am 
Is the VAC ban actually for Garry's Mod?
Berryblast May 5 @ 2:22am 
I like how you keep saying you never tampered with garry's mod when other posters in this thread have already stated the VAC ban is delayed and is likely a result of your previous gaming interest....refusing to acknowledge them kinda gives you away.
Jesus Christ May 10 @ 7:50pm 
Well, it seems that you do not understand that I've done nothing wrong, but I guess I will just rebuy it
Ineffable Anathema May 10 @ 8:02pm 
Well, it seems that you do not understand that I've done nothing wrong, but I guess I will just rebuy it

It's more important for you to understand what you did because if you buy the game again and do the same thing that got you banned on the previous account, you will very likely only end up with another VAC on the new one. Only you can answer that question.
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 24 @ 4:40pm