Hacking Concern
On April 21st I played on a Team Fortress 2fort server with a user by the name of snipi. He gave me a Mann Co. Crate Key, which I have since used to open one of the many Mann Co. Crates in my possession.

It's been brought to my attention that this user's account has been VAC-banned within about the past twenty-four to forty-eight hours. There's a message on the user's profile that states:

"Hello,
This account wasn't used from the original owner (Snipi) since ages... So I decided to play a bit with it
and I had a good run but VAC noticed that and it is time for a different account! ;)
I even left Snipi a little gift (a VAC Ban)!
I am such a nice person... ain't I?

Yours sincerely, R3BORN"

My concern is that, by accepting the Mann Co. Crate Key, I may have opened a door for whoever hacked this user's account to access my own. I'm not well-versed in computer technology/coding, so I'm not sure if the user could have somehow corrupted the trade (it was completed through the server) and used the Mann Co. Key as a back-door of sorts to access my account at a later point.

It doesn't appear that my account has been compromised at this point. I've not noticed a change in my Steam Wallet funds, my Items, my Profile, my Library, or my friends List. But if anyone can give me some assurance that I'm just thinking catastrophically here I'd be most appreciative. Thanks for your time.
Näytetään 1-7 / 7 kommentista
< >
Getty 23. huhti 21.54 
'using a tf2 key as back door to access your account'
what??lol
Dude, I have a legitimate concern here. I have a tendency to think catastrophically, so gimme a break, willyah? This is the first time I've ever experienced anything like this and I just want to protect my ♥♥♥(ets). I'd appreciate a more professional response.
Getty 23. huhti 21.58 
the worst that can happen is the key being revoked (if he used scams/card fraud in obtaining it)
Okay, thank you. I've actually already used the key; my concern is that by doing so I may have done something to allow this user access to my account. Long shot, I know, but I figured I'd ask anyway and get my fears assuaged.
BOOMY 23. huhti 22.14 
RB Blaster Guardian 'Guarf' lähetti viestin:
Okay, thank you. I've actually already used the key; my concern is that by doing so I may have done something to allow this user access to my account. Long shot, I know, but I figured I'd ask anyway and get my fears assuaged.

Not gonna happen, like Getty said the worst that would happen is Vale might revoke the key. Not sure what would happen(worst case scenario) if the key was already used. The most common way of people getting their accounts compromised is they usually give their details away.
Viimeisin muokkaaja on BOOMY; 23. huhti 22.17
I AM SHODAN! 24. huhti 5.30 
Unless you went to a website from a link the user gave you and LOGGED INTO that site, or willingly gave him your information in other ways, the chance of anything like this happening are slim to none with more emphasis on none. Relax. :)
Thank you both. I figured I was thinking catastrophically. But, better to be safe and look like a doarke than sorry.
Näytetään 1-7 / 7 kommentista
< >
Sivua kohden: 15 30 50
Lähetetty: 23. huhti 21.42