An issue with you computer is blocking the VAC system. You can not play on secure servers.
Hey,

I'm sort of new to CS:GO and on about my 5th or so match, I was disconnected from server, and a message came up mentioning something along the lines of, ' An issue with you computer is blocking the VAC system. You can not play on secure servers.' The time I'm allowed to play before this happens is roughly 15- 30 minutes. I know many others also have this problem. Well, I'd like to start with WHAT? then, WHY? and then, HOW? If someone could answer those questions, that would be a GREAT HELP!

I have already tried Verify that thingy, Restarting Computer, Repairing Steam, BUT NOTHING HAS HELPED!

I have posted this in another thread, but it was overlooked. I REALLY NEED AN ANSWER. Is it possible if a Valve/ Steam worker could help me out?

THNX!
WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!
Mikeypy.
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
thebeatles1001 Apr 22 @ 9:11pm 
It has been a recent problem with this, try to restart you system, if that doesn't work, exit Steam, click start > run (Windows Key + R) and type the following command:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\SteamService.exe" /repair ,hopefully that should work.
Get Mike't Son #M9.nOt mY Apr 22 @ 9:44pm 
I've already tried all that as mentioned, still nothing... :/
thebeatles1001 Apr 22 @ 9:46pm 
That's pretty weird, well I would recommend contacting with the marvelous Steam Support, those are the guys who can help you out with this.
Get Mike't Son #M9.nOt mY Apr 22 @ 9:47pm 
Thnx, But How?
Get Mike't Son #M9.nOt mY Apr 22 @ 9:52pm 
Actually, for about the 100th time, when i was doing steam repair, somethign finally came up! A black box with a little line... Now what?
thebeatles1001 Apr 22 @ 9:57pm 
You will need to create a support account, and proceed with your problem, here it is: https://support.steampowered.com , hope it helps!
Get Mike't Son #M9.nOt mY Apr 22 @ 10:00pm 
wow, a bit over the top, but i think i know where to go ( not )... thnx anyway!
thebeatles1001 Apr 22 @ 10:04pm 
No problem.
Get Mike't Son #M9.nOt mY Apr 23 @ 12:18am 
Hey beatles1001, what do i do when steam client thingy comes up when trying to repair Steam? it just has a black background with flashing line ( for character entry ) but you cant type. It's like a notepad, but u cant type. what do i do from there? is it supposed to be like that?
thebeatles1001 Apr 23 @ 10:03am 
Sorry you'll need to be more specific I don't get what you're trying to say with that.
Get Mike't Son #M9.nOt mY Apr 23 @ 3:36pm 
Well, When I was trying to repair Steam, as you earlier mentioned ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\SteamService.exe" /repair), it my computer finally responded to the request, and a black box popped up apparently it was called, Steam Client ____ . The black box was empty, but it looked like it was set up iin notepad format. The symbol on Taskbar for this program, was a dodgey Steam symbol.

I hope that clarifies. It's a bit hard to explain. Nvm if you don't understand, but I think I might be getting somewhere, just don't know what is the next step.

Mikeypy.
thebeatles1001 Apr 23 @ 3:49pm 
Yes, you're supposed you can use the Steam Client Service, if it's not working you've got a problem there, try this:
-Exit Steam
-Open a 'Command Prompt' (cmd.exe if you are using 'Run...' from the start menu)
-Run: "c:\Program Files\Steam\bin\SteamService.exe" /repair
-Note: Change "c:\Program Files" to wherever you have steam installed. For a 64 bit OS the default would be: "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\SteamService.exe" /repair
-Start Steam
Get Mike't Son #M9.nOt mY Apr 23 @ 3:58pm 
I Did EXACTLY That, But What's Supposed To Happen When Steam Client Service Pops Up?
thebeatles1001 Apr 23 @ 4:02pm 
You should be able to input text in there, well if that didn't work try this:
-Exit Steam
-Delete the file:
-32 bit Windows: "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Steam\SteamService.exe"
-64 bit Windows: "c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steam\SteamService.exe"
-Restart Steam
Get Mike't Son #M9.nOt mY Apr 23 @ 4:06pm 
Ooohhhhh, risky, Thanks Anyway For All Your Help!
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 22 @ 8:59pm