VAC Bans Are unFair
Honstly Valve. Is this how you treat a 1 year old member. I play MW2 and TF2 and I BEAST at those games. I got banned for being to good. I got banned for nothing and this really ♥♥♥♥ed me off. I need help and I have $40 in steam and its usless.I AM CRYING I AM SO ♥♥♥♥ED. VAC bans do not work. Please Steam, Fix them and help the community! Please Help!!!!!
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
< >
Suldok Apr 19 @ 1:36pm 
VAC bans by looking at the game files, it doesn't ban simply based off gameplay.
ChaosBahamut Apr 19 @ 1:40pm 
If you believe your ban was issued in error you have to contact Steam Support. If the ban was indeed an error it'll be reversed. If not, then Support will confirm that you were banned due to cheating (and yes, they have proof) and that's that.
Bram Stroker's Fapula Apr 19 @ 1:44pm 
Guessing you used an achievement unlocker. Those can get you banned if you're connected to a VAC server while it's open.
BOOMY Apr 19 @ 1:59pm 
Playing with cheaters is very unfair, when there's a single cheater in a game the other team has already lost. Clean, fair matches is what MP should be about, but cheaters screw that up. Its simple, don't want a VAC ban don't cheat.

Reports alone don't get you banned, using cheats does.
Last edited by BOOMY; Apr 19 @ 2:00pm
Mis-Teeq Apr 19 @ 2:18pm 
VAC bans are more than fair.
You shouldn't cry about it when you're the reason you're banned.
El poco nuez del muerte Apr 19 @ 2:53pm 
Originally posted by YT HamShankOP:
Honstly Valve. Is this how you treat a 1 year old member. I play MW2 and TF2 and I BEAST at those games. I got banned for being to good. I got banned for nothing and this really ♥♥♥♥ed me off. I need help and I have $40 in steam and its usless.I AM CRYING I AM SO ♥♥♥♥ED. VAC bans do not work. Please Steam, Fix them and help the community! Please Help!!!!!

I started counting the TF2 achievements that you got at Mar 6, 2014 2:08pm, I stopped when I reached 100 because I got bored. You used something to do that and that might have gotten you into troubble. But of course it is Valves fault. Not yours for downloading god knows what and screwing with the game.

Man up and face the music, you have noone to blame but yourself.

edit, not so much BEASTING if you have to unlock all those achievements with some, well, magic, eh?
Last edited by El poco nuez del muerte; Apr 19 @ 2:54pm
Tulipunahapero Apr 19 @ 4:16pm 
You use achievement unlocker, get banned and that is Valve's fault? Grow up kid and think of your actions next time.
~Ren~ Apr 19 @ 4:36pm 
Originally posted by YT HamShankOP:

I'd expect them to do the same if you're a 50 year old member, they have a zero tolerance policy on cheating, if you think it's wrong contact Steam Support.
Silicon Vampire Apr 19 @ 4:59pm 
I have been here for nearly ten years and a moderator for most of that... I would expect the same treatment if I was caught cheating.
Derek Apr 19 @ 6:52pm 
As far I'm concerned VAC treated you very well. Considering how you caused yourself the consequences for your actions, Valve still let you keep your account, and games. Meaning those $40 you feel that you have lost isn't really lost. You just feel humiliated because of that markings, which is understandable. Unfortuantely it was your responsibility, and you brought this upon yourself, not VAC.

See, VAC is an automated system. Only a user can cause themselves a VAC ban, by breaching certain agreements with Valve, or not taking their responsiblity.

Learn from those tears, I know it's harsh words, but I'd rather say the ugly truth than a comforting white lie.
I AM SHODAN! Apr 20 @ 2:04am 
It's not Valve's fault you were caught cheating. I suggest you delete the cheats from your machine and resolve never to use any again, learn from the experience rather than try to lash out at those who aren't responsible for your own mistakes. You can always purchase another copy of the game and use it on a different account, just don't EVER use cheats again.
AfogMC Apr 20 @ 3:58am 
I've always wonderd what the point of cheating is. What do you get out of it? If you suck an cheat to look better you will get caught and look like a fool. Shame on you!
TirithRR Apr 20 @ 5:01am 
Originally posted by human:
Originally posted by Bram Stroker's Fapula:
Guessing you used an achievement unlocker. Those can get you banned if you're connected to a VAC server while it's open.
Originally posted by Tulipunahapero:
You use achievement unlocker, get banned and that is Valve's fault? Grow up kid and think of your actions next time.
achievement unlockers can't get you banned
see my achievements and tf2 stats for proof i guess
I don't know... I would never personally run S.A.M. while also running a game connected to a VAC secure server. I don't trust the "it won't get you banned" stories on the internet to tempt it.
Trick Apr 20 @ 8:39am 
I've had a friend, who played in a hacked lobby in Modern Warfare 2, and i suppose he got some "modified files" downloaded being in that lobby. He then got vac banned for the files. It can happen.
Derek Apr 20 @ 8:55am 
Originally posted by Trick:
I've had a friend, who played in a hacked lobby in Modern Warfare 2, and i suppose he got some "modified files" downloaded being in that lobby. He then got vac banned for the files. It can happen.

That's not how VAC works. You don't get banned for joining a modified server, ever. Regardless of its mechanism.
VAC scans for any programs or files that tampers with the game's core files, your friend must genuinely execute cheating in order to trigger VAC.
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 19 @ 1:31pm