Plan B (NL) Apr 13 @ 9:55am
Just an idea to reduce the players with VAC ban in future
I'm VAC banned, No, i will not beg in the forum to disable the vac ban,
But, to be honest i didn't even know what VAC was, I'm VAC banned on MW3 and i never saw a
warning or anything with the message :''it's recommended not to hack, if you hack you will get permanent banned from the game'' If i would receive this message on MW3, believe it or not, I would never hack then!

And i'm 100% sure that im not the only MW3 player who never heard about VAC bans till he get banned. (justly)

So my idea : Make clear that cheating will result to a permanent ban on MW3

Thank you for reading this.
Showing 1-15 of 108 comments
< >
ReBoot Apr 13 @ 10:01am 
So MW3 lacks the textual warning? Really? Wow.
El poco nuez del muerte Apr 13 @ 10:02am 
... making people aware that cheating in an online game has consequences? I say, Most people know that to beginn with.

I don't play MW so I don't know how it is handeled in those games, but the ones I frequent give a warning each time one conects to a server.
ᴷᴬᴿᴿ Apr 13 @ 10:11am 
Originally posted by Plan B (NL):

But no-one (case in point) reads the EULA that they need to agree to when they sign up to Steam, or install the game that tells then they are not to hack/modify the game, etc.

Valve may terminate your Account or a particular Subscription for any conduct or activity that Valve believes is illegal, constitutes a Cheat, or otherwise negatively affects the enjoyment of Steam by other Subscribers. You acknowledge that Valve is not required to provide you notice before terminating your Subscriptions(s) and/or Account, but it may choose to do so.
Last edited by ᴷᴬᴿᴿ; Apr 13 @ 10:13am
Satoru Apr 13 @ 11:08am 
http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

You signed this when you bought the game

You already had your warning

Ignorance of the law is not a defense.

And not like "omg No one told me that murdering my parents was against the law" isn't going to go over well with the cops or anyone here either.
ReBoot Apr 13 @ 12:31pm 
Originally posted by Satoru:
Ignorance of the law is not a defense.
He doesn't ask to get unbanned. He merely states that a clear warning might drive peope away from cheating. And remember, that the goal is not to punish as much (potential) cheaters as possible, it's to have as least as possible of them in the game!
facedown Apr 13 @ 12:58pm 
That is like saying after the fact, what, it is not okay to steal? It is your responsibility to take the time and find out what the consequences to cheating are. Kind of dumb you failed to do that before you cheated. You are confused as to how life works and trying to push responsibility elsewhere when your behaviour is 100% your responsibility. I was not warned just tells me you have a lot to learn about how things work in general.

I like your NL tag, I use that on a lot of my accounts.
Last edited by facedown; Apr 13 @ 1:00pm
Derek Apr 13 @ 1:12pm 

It's called common sense, I suppose Valve, intelligently assumed that if such is not common in one's mind, then that person will most likely not understand the warning either.

Besides, I'm sure you are familiar with the fact that people tend to want something more when they cannot have it.
Putting the warning there won't only prevent users from cheating, it'd also challenge them to do so.
ReBoot Apr 13 @ 1:26pm 
Originally posted by facedown:
That is like saying after the fact, what, it is not okay to steal? It is your responsibility to take the time and find out what the consequences to cheating are. Kind of dumb you failed to do that before you cheated. You are confused as to how life works and trying to push responsibility elsewhere when your behaviour is 100% your responsibility. I was not warned just tells me you have a lot to learn about how things work in general.

He doesn't ask to get unbanned. He merely states that a clear warning might drive peope away from cheating. And remember, that the goal is not to punish as much (potential) cheaters as possible, it's to have as least as possible of them in the game!
facedown Apr 13 @ 7:16pm 
Originally posted by ReBoot:
Originally posted by facedown:

I never said he asked to be unbanned nor did I address that. I was addressing the fact he thought he should have been warned and nothing else. Your comprehension needs a lot of work. I was pointing out it is his responsibility to find out what the consequences of his own actions are going to be when you know you are doing something wrong. Coming back after the fact and complaining he was not warned is pretty clueless.
Last edited by facedown; Apr 13 @ 7:18pm
Piece of Piss (No Monitor) Apr 13 @ 10:11pm 
So you need people to spoonfeed you and tell you what things are bad and which things aren't?

Pop quiz; Is hacking usually allowed on servers? No? Then don't ♥♥♥♥ing do it.
Last edited by Piece of Piss (No Monitor); Apr 13 @ 10:11pm
Helene Bot Apr 13 @ 11:03pm 
I don't know about MW3, but in TF2 we get a message as the server loads saying

"This server is VAC secured. Cheating will result in a permanent ban"

or something to that effect.

Last edited by Helene Bot; Apr 13 @ 11:04pm
zeroxxx Apr 14 @ 1:25am 
In Dota 2 we have no VAC / ban warning whatsoever in-game despite it has VAC enabled listed on the Store Page.

Source: have played personally (without cheats of course) over hundreds of matches in dota 2.
~Ren~ Apr 14 @ 1:46am 
I'm VAC banned on MW3 and i never saw a
warning or anything with the message :''it's recommended not to hack, if you hack you will get permanent banned from the game'' If i would receive this message on MW3, believe it or not, I would never hack then!

So you'll not cheat if you're warned but you'll cheat all you want if you're not, that makes no sense to me.

The warning wouldn't help either as based on the way you've worded your post you'll still cheat if no warning is given and I find it hard to believe that you assumed it would be ok to cheat.
Tito Shivan Apr 14 @ 3:21am 
Youre already warned about cheating consequences on the Steam Subscriber Agreement. A shiny flashy "Please do not cheat" sign will do no difference.
ReBoot Apr 14 @ 3:56am 
It will. It will deter SOME cheaters.
Showing 1-15 of 108 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 13 @ 9:55am