the_one_they_call_bob Apr 5 @ 3:19am
Hi as a new player i have a question
Hi i have recently made a profile for steam and have been seeing these Vac things i looked into it and now no what it is but i am very woried that i might be mistakenly banned for using an external hard drive to source my games. Unfortuanly i use a mac air wich has ♥♥♥♥ all space and is a crappy laptop in genral for gaming so i need to store all my games on an external but i was worried that this might cause the VAC system to get confused and think i am hacking (I have never hacked befor and dont plan to) also i did'nt think it was possible to even hack games on steam. anyways tnx for reading :)
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
TeKraken Apr 5 @ 3:54am 
VAC detects cheats on your system. It doesn't care where you games are.
ReBoot Apr 5 @ 5:15am 
VAC bans for two things:
1. Stuff that hooks your games
2. Modifications to core game files

Both don't happen just so (unlike what a lot of cheaters in this forum claim).

Ah yeah, should you really really really be wrongfully banned, your ban will get lifted.
the_one_they_call_bob Apr 5 @ 7:52am 
Ok thats good i was acutally quit woried for a minute or 2 that i might be wrongfully banned
Artificial Proxy Apr 5 @ 10:07am 
Originally posted by ReBoot:
VAC bans for two things:

Ah yeah, should you really really really be wrongfully banned, your ban will get lifted.

This is not really true. VAC bans for known cheats only. I.e cheats Valve's anticheat team has discovered and added to their system. A program that hooks up to the game that isnt known by VAC won't ban you. Cheat or not. I agree with the second statement.

To the OP: The system is built specifically to not wrongfully ban anyone. As long as you are not using any cheats you won't be banned. Here is Vavle's article about VAC if you are interested:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7849-Radz-6869
ReBoot Apr 6 @ 1:33pm 
Originally posted by Artificial Proxy:
Originally posted by ReBoot:
VAC bans for two things:

This is not really true. VAC bans for known cheats only. I.e cheats Valve's anticheat team has discovered and added to their system. A program that hooks up to the game that isnt known by VAC won't ban you. Cheat or not. I agree with the second statement.
Except that since there's no public list, it's better to assume that anything that hooks your game is a bad idea. I am just being realistic here.
Tatsuya Hiroki (HU) Apr 7 @ 10:19am 
As a general rule of thumb: as long as you dont download anything shady and you know what you are doing, you should be fine. Keep in mind however, that single player cheats, such as some cheat engine like softwares can very likely put you in danger, so remember to close them off entirely (not only by closing the program but making sure that its not running in the background memory either) if you happen to use any of such in single player games.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 5 @ 3:19am