TechDIN0 Apr 2, 2014 @ 5:37pm
Does any one else thing VAC saved COD's ♥♥♥?
I believe VAC Saved Cod from Hackers (a little) what do you think?
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Satoru Apr 2, 2014 @ 5:58pm 
Well funtionally it's not like there are many options available for devs to choose from these days. And its hard to beat 'free'.
Mr. Gency Apr 2, 2014 @ 7:04pm 
Considering all the threads complaining about VAC I've seen came from CoD players, I'd say no.
Tito Shivan Apr 3, 2014 @ 2:18am 
Problems of CoD series go way beyond what an Anticheat can fix.
Satoru Apr 3, 2014 @ 4:55am 
Originally posted by Mr. Gency:
Considering all the threads complaining about VAC I've seen came from CoD players, I'd say no.

CoD players would complain if it was VAC, PB, Warden, nProtect, etc.
Tito Shivan Apr 3, 2014 @ 6:37am 
Originally posted by Satoru:
Originally posted by Mr. Gency:

CoD players would complain if it was VAC, PB, Warden, nProtect, etc.
Or all of them combined at the same time.
facedown Apr 3, 2014 @ 12:34pm 
CoD is a dead game on PC. Just look at the active players. BF4 has many more times that number of PC gamers. Activision deserted PC gamers a long time ago. CoD games do not even make it into the top 20 games on Steam. Pathetic. http://store.steampowered.com/stats/
Last edited by facedown; Apr 3, 2014 @ 12:36pm
Ineffable Anathema Apr 3, 2014 @ 5:12pm 
The COD community is the problem. Not the anticheat system. Valve can't "fix" people who are determined to be cheaters, scammers, griefers etc.

Sometimes they can destroy a game in this manner.
«Gғм» Kid Of The Century Apr 4, 2014 @ 1:02am 
They (CoD devs) used the worse approach possible.

VAC's effectiveness as an anticheat solution works at its peak when there are admins, otherwise is barely efficient.
Ineffable Anathema Apr 4, 2014 @ 1:18am 
Originally posted by «Gғм» Kid Of The Century:
They (CoD devs) used the worse approach possible.

VAC's effectiveness as an anticheat solution works at its peak when there are admins, otherwise is barely efficient.

I'm not sure what you're saying here since VAC is an automated system and needs no "admins" verifying everything it does - unless perhaps you mean (demo reviewing) admin bans in addition to using VAC to catch any cheaters using stuff that VAC doesn't yet detect.
Silicon Vampire Apr 4, 2014 @ 1:48am 
Admin, on the server, to deal with the cheaters in the short term. VAC is long term....
Ineffable Anathema Apr 4, 2014 @ 2:01am 
Originally posted by Silicon Vampire:
Admin, on the server, to deal with the cheaters in the short term. VAC is long term....

I assume other systems like treyarch and such work in this manner ... although lately I've been noticing that one of them (can't recall the name offhand, sorry) has been labeling accounts "untrusted" which seems to inevitably lead to a VAC ban. Is Valve working with the other people running anticheat programs then? It would be a good system.
Tito Shivan Apr 4, 2014 @ 2:19am 
'Untrusted' accounts come from CSGO. They're accounts that have been flagged by Overwatch as cheaters, and it's a temporary status in between flagging and the incoming VAC ban.

The Irony about TAC (Treyarch Anti Cheat) is that everyone forgot about it's existance and kept blaming VAC (when both systems worked side by side on Ghosts) for not catching cheaters.

Silicon Vampire's point is spot on on the main problem of the CoD saga. The lack of policing abilities within the game is a great exploitable flaw cheaters abused.
A game where you can't be kicked on site means a cheater/griefer can do his bidding as long as he wishes. (until the ACS kicks in, which almost never is immediately)
«Gғм» Kid Of The Century Apr 4, 2014 @ 5:38am 
Originally posted by I AM SHODAN!:
I'm not sure what you're saying here since VAC is an automated system and needs no "admins" verifying everything it does - unless perhaps you mean (demo reviewing) admin bans in addition to using VAC to catch any cheaters using stuff that VAC doesn't yet detect.

I was talking about its method of work (hence "VAC's effectiveness") rather than the program itself.
The latter is fine, it's automated and has a very low false positive ratio. It does not need admins (for additional reviews or whatever) indeed, but being conceived as a delayed ban system it needs a first line of defense - server admins.

Slapping VAC on a MP game without giving the possibility to have server admins or a votekick/voteban system is simply stupid. CoD did just this.
Ineffable Anathema Apr 4, 2014 @ 9:51am 
Yeah, I get you now. It's a shame, none of this crap would be necessary if the cheating culture wasn't so popular these days. I honestly don't understand what they get out of it. There's no personal satisfaction to be found in cheating.
JETLAW Apr 4, 2014 @ 11:12am 
yeah i agree , they get to kick our asses in game out of it lmao, but never mind there will allways be cheaters , but until a game is invented that is cheat proof or hack proof it will continue to happen and we will have to take it in the harris like usual lol cheers
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 2, 2014 @ 5:37pm