muddersmilk Mar 31 @ 10:18pm
I don't get why i am banned?
I was able to play counter strike and among other steam games. It's been about 2 to 3yrs since i played. Just recently i bought a new pc and installed steam. I installed 3 of CS games on my new pc and it saids i was banned by valve.
If that's the case how was able to play in the past?

Also, i'm having issues connecting steam from my old pc.

Any help would be great.
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
muddersmilk Mar 31 @ 10:34pm 
I do remember getting caught when i first started playing almost 9yrs ago. But since then i never did it again.
But i was able to play all the time. Even though it said i wasn't active for almost 9yrs which isn't true cause i was. But in the last few yrs i slowed down and i did stop playing for a while.
But when i installed steam to my new pc, i can't play on any server for cs.
But in the past i was able to. So, i don't get why i can connect to any servers now.
It saids i do have a good standing with VAC.
muddersmilk Mar 31 @ 10:36pm 
So if i was able to play with no issues in the past, then why now i can't play anymore?
Bad-Motha Mar 31 @ 10:37pm 
There is no "Doing it again"

Once VAC Ban occurs, that account is now useless in terms of using for any game that uses the VAC system.
muddersmilk Mar 31 @ 10:37pm 
My second question is, i having trouble updating steam on my old pc.
muddersmilk Mar 31 @ 10:39pm 
Ok, so, any servers i try to connect that uses the vac system i can't play but servers that don't uses the VAC systems i can play?

Originally posted by Bad-Motha:
There is no "Doing it again"

Once VAC Ban occurs, that account is now useless in terms of using for any game that uses the VAC system.
Bad-Motha Mar 31 @ 10:39pm 
Yes u can still play those games on servers that do not use VAC.
There is icon for that in the server browser so u can easily see which servers use it or not.
Last edited by Bad-Motha; Mar 31 @ 10:40pm
muddersmilk Mar 31 @ 10:40pm 
I read that once ur banned on the VAC system it's permanent.
How can i get off the VAC ban? Open up a new account and buy the CS game again?
Bad-Motha Mar 31 @ 10:43pm 
Originally posted by muddersmilk:
1) I read that once ur banned on the VAC system it's permanent.
2) How can i get off the VAC ban?
3) Open up a new account and buy the CS game again?

1) Yes this is true, that is pretty obvious since you were banned so long ago and yet that is still bound to your account.

2) U can't. VAC bans are handled by an automated system, not a person or group of persons looking for cheaters. Thus is why there is a no-non-sense policy for it and why it is permanent.

3) If you want to play on VAC enabled servers, this is your only way to do it, yes.
Last edited by Bad-Motha; Mar 31 @ 10:45pm
L-r | Canti Mar 31 @ 10:49pm 
But what about the current CD of cs i have. Can reinstall that and use the CD key? Or do i need to buy a new CS game again?
Your old CD key will be tied to your old account, so you would need to buy it again.
muddersmilk Mar 31 @ 10:49pm 
ok.

Originally posted by Canti:
But what about the current CD of cs i have. Can reinstall that and use the CD key? Or do i need to buy a new CS game again?
Your old CD key will be tied to your old account, so you would need to buy it again.
muddersmilk Mar 31 @ 10:52pm 
When i use to play you were able to customize your keys so that you could buy all your weapons by one push of a "key" you set up. I think you had to DL a software for that but it was a long time ago i can't remember. I think it was called hud fastswitch or something like that.
Display FPS and what not on your screen.

Are these considered "hacks"?

Originally posted by Bad-Motha:
1) I read that once ur banned on the VAC system it's permanent.
2) How can i get off the VAC ban?
3) Open up a new account and buy the CS game again?

1) Yes this is true, that is pretty obvious since you were banned so long ago and yet that is still bound to your account.

2) U can't. VAC bans are handled by an automated system, not a person or group of persons looking for cheaters. Thus is why there is a no-non-sense policy for it and why it is permanent.

3) If you want to play on VAC enabled servers, this is your only way to do it, yes.
muddersmilk Mar 31 @ 10:53pm 
Also what happen to natural selection? Is that still up and running?
Bad-Motha Mar 31 @ 11:00pm 
Natural Selection (requires installation of Half-Life)
http://unknownworlds.com/ns/download-files/

Natural Selection 2 (stand-alone game)
http://unknownworlds.com/ns2/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/4920/
Last edited by Bad-Motha; Mar 31 @ 11:01pm
muddersmilk Mar 31 @ 11:46pm 
It's been a while. Is natural selection and games like CS still pretty popular?
Bad-Motha Apr 1 @ 12:04am 
If u like CS/HL games, others such as TF2 or CS:GO are also very addictive and fun.
However if were me in your situation, I would start a new account for games that use VAC.
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 31 @ 10:18pm