Pvt. 2.3 Mar 30 @ 7:50pm
Instead of instant lifetime ban, there needs to be PROBATION.
First Offence: 3 Month Ban
Second Offence: 6 Month Ban
Third Offence: 3 Stikes You're OUT!

I know I will be offending a lot of VAC believers here who believe their beloved VAC is 100% right all the time, but there are some instances where it is wrong.

On my other account, just recently. While playing Rust of all games. I was VAC banned. Which is an outright mistake. Playing on a server where the lag was terrible I was rubber banding here and there. And for some odd reason get kicked for some "Violation". And this was mainly on the official servers.

On my other account. Been playing on steam for over 10 years. Without EVER using a cheat/hack. Now after playing Rust, I get a VAC ban.

As far as I am concerned in my case, in which I know I was wrongly VAC banned, I have submitted a support ticket, in hopes of resolving this wrongful VAC ban.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Spawn of Totoro Mar 30 @ 7:52pm 
You don't have a VAC ban on this account.

Rust has an anti-cheat developed by the game's developers in addition to VAC. You may want to ask them about the "Violation".

As for the probation...VAC used to give smaller bans in the past. People were still cheating as soon as their ban was up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Anti-Cheat

"Valve started working on a 'long-term solution' for cheating in 2001.[7] VAC was first released with Counter-Strike 1.4 in 2002, during its initial release, it only banned players for 24 hours.[8] The duration of the ban was increased over time, players were banned for 1 year and 5 years, until 2005 when any new bans became permanent.[9] The initial version, VAC1, saw success for a period, but in March or April 2004 updates ran dry as the Valve engineers maintaining it moved on to the production of its successor, VAC2."
Last edited by Spawn of Totoro; Mar 30 @ 8:02pm
Satoru Mar 30 @ 7:53pm 
Why? So you can cheat for longer?

Bans are permanent. You got your warning when you agreed to the SSA.
Silicon Vampire Mar 30 @ 8:01pm 
There used to be time limited bans. Cheaters would wait out the ban, then cheat again...

Obviously, that didn't work so why would valve go back to it? Rhetorical question, they won't.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 30 @ 7:50pm