This topic has been locked
Nobility ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Mar 30, 2014 @ 12:53pm
Dont play mw2 online. you will get vac banned
So if you play mw2 now a days you will know that there is alot of hackers with hacked lobbies. infinity ward AND steam will give you vac ban if you stay on one of these servers. happend to me today. i have contacted steam support and im waiting for answer.
if you want to play mw2 play in private matches so you wont be banned. also if you join a hacked lobby and he does unlock all on everybody you will ALSO get banned since IW way of detecting these hackers is by checking if they have a sertain emblem which can only be unlocked by hacking. most of the time when you join a hacked lobby. your ping bars will turn blue or and change. this is also a way that IW can detect a hacker. but i dont think its fair that pub players like me get killed in the crossfire

and this is true. my friend has got vac banned from joining a hacked lobby and he didnt use fov changer.

my other friend uses fov changer all the time but havent got banned.

Even though i only have a mw2 ban which isn't to big its still annoying to have the big mark (i have OCD)
Last edited by Nobility ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°); Mar 30, 2014 @ 1:39pm
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
|SacK| Holzi Mar 30, 2014 @ 12:56pm 
Please do not spread lies. Read the stickies at the top of this forum and STOP CHEATING.
Nobility ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Mar 30, 2014 @ 12:57pm 
Originally posted by |SacK| Holzi:
Please do not spread lies. Read the stickies at the top of this forum and STOP CHEATING.
im not lying. i haven't cheated in mw2 unless you count a fov changer...
El poco nuez del muerte Mar 30, 2014 @ 1:23pm 
Originally posted by Mcgamingkiddo:
Originally posted by |SacK| Holzi:

Joining hacked lobbies will not result in a VAC ban. However, there seem to be some FOV changers that come with some "extras" of the wallhacking/aimbotting kind. Stop spreading false information please.
Nobility ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Mar 30, 2014 @ 1:27pm 
Originally posted by counterfloh:

Joining hacked lobbies will not result in a VAC ban. However, there seem to be some FOV changers that come with some "extras" of the wallhacking/aimbotting kind. Stop spreading false information please.
this is not false information. my friend got vac banned from mw2 for joining a hacked lobby.
also the FoV changer i use comes with no extra's DL link:http://www.mapmodnews.com/article.php/Modern-Warfare-2-FoV-Changer-Multiplayer
El poco nuez del muerte Mar 30, 2014 @ 1:32pm 

this is not false information. my friend got vac banned from mw2 for joining a hacked lobby.
also the FoV changer i use comes with no extra's DL link:http://www.mapmodnews.com/article.php/Modern-Warfare-2-FoV-Changer-Multiplayer

Then the matter is a simple one. Contact support, they can see what you were banned for and will unban you if the ban was in error. Tell your friend to do the same. Once unbanned return here and post the result.

Until this happens, I am going to assume that this is the usual "I am innocent"-thread that caught cheaters create to show it to their unsuspecting friends going: "If I had really cheated, I had not made that thread lolol".
Silicon Vampire Mar 30, 2014 @ 1:33pm 
You do NOT get banned for joining a modded lobby, only for running one.

You can get banned for an FOV changer. As in, it is possible. I just don't know the particulars of it...
Last edited by Silicon Vampire; Mar 30, 2014 @ 1:35pm
Nobility ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Mar 30, 2014 @ 1:33pm 

Then the matter is a simple one. Contact support, they can see what you were banned for and will unban you if the ban was in error. Tell your friend to do the same. Once unbanned return here and post the result.

Until this happens, I am going to assume that this is the usual "I am innocent"-thread that caught cheaters create to show it to their unsuspecting friends going: "If I had really cheated, I had not made that thread lolol".
i have contacted steam support. and im waiting for an answer. i have send them the DL link to the fov changer and told that i joined a hacked lobby. and the "story"
Nobility ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Mar 30, 2014 @ 1:35pm 
Originally posted by Silicon Vampire:
You do NOT get banned for joining a modded lobby, only for running one.

You can get banned for an FOV changer.
but why would you get banned from not wanting a headic... also my other friend uses fov changer all the time but havent got a ban. (jarate cus im ♥♥♥♥♥♥ atm :/ )
Silicon Vampire Mar 30, 2014 @ 1:35pm 
see my edit please. and please, use the edit feature instead of multiple posts in a row.

Last edited by Silicon Vampire; Mar 30, 2014 @ 1:36pm
Nobility ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Mar 30, 2014 @ 1:37pm 
see my edit please.
seen. but I think that thats not fair in any way. thats like saying that you cannot have your shirt green but only red. well kinda XD bad example
facedown Mar 30, 2014 @ 2:50pm 
see my edit please.
seen. but I think that thats not fair in any way. thats like saying that you cannot have your shirt green but only red. well kinda XD bad example

All support will do is confirm your ban. They are not going to give you any more information than that but if I was you would assume the FOV changer caused it but they will not verify it.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Mar 30, 2014 @ 12:53pm